My car... 444444...

That's what I thought too. The hit I took on the one in the second photo above was too hard that the lips in the front right one bent badly to detach that part from the tire to let all the air out. Heh, the tire was a Good Year and those are tough :)

Here's an example:
photo.jpg

and it's a non-naked allow wheel as I see it.

Maybe newer alloys are made of different mixture? The ones on the MB date back to 1986 make and the CV's go back to no older than 2006 (the car's model is 2009).

You guys left the occupation long time ago maybe? Maybe newer makes came out after that that you didn't catch. Happens when we slow down on updates.

Due to the struggle I'm in to distinguish wheels, I call this kind:
500E-wheels.jpg

the non-naked wheels cuz they stand alone without the need to always have hubcaps.

This is what I call naked:
imageService

As it looks it needs hubcaps to give decent looks.

Celery, i never seen one like that!! Have they changed there formation sometime since when we were in the active service of rims and tires??

Yeah, it must be a hybrid of aluminum and steel or something. That is new to me.

What SG mean by naked rim and cover. A good example would be the 50s wheels like these.

Attachments

• 737_Ford_Granada_Maverick_hubcap.jpg
    737_Ford_Granada_Maverick_hubcap.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 26
  • images.jpg
    images.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 26
I see. To me a naked wheel is one that you see the wheel itself when it's on the car, like a alloy or mag or carbon wheel and non naked would be one that is covered on the wheel. By SGs terminology, the women on the streets are naked when clothed. :)
That's just wishful thinking. :)

Okay, I'm having naughty thoughts now ;)

But yeah, an allow wheel that bends and can be fixed is cool, eh? I heat machined (if this term works here) the CV's damaged wheels but MB's front right wasn't that lucky. The rear right tho got a so very minor bend in the lip and I had it fixed. All tires lost balance tho and needed those balance weights installed in the lips (whatever they are called).

Back
Top Bottom