My brother F^$#ed my iBook.

foothead

Omnicide now.
So anyway, my brother was going on a trip for the weekend, so I loaned him my iBook. He got there, and kept ignoring me every time I tried to contact him. He then informed me he was staying for the whole week in an email, and wouldn't reply when I asked him anything. He just got back, and he tried to put it in his room, so maybe I wouldn't think to ask for it, but I remembered and asked for it back. He reluctantly gave it to me. I bootted it up a few minutes ago. Gray screen. There are also some pretty major pressure marks and new backlight bleeding in random spots on the screen. He swears he didn't do anything to it, and it worked fine, but I don't trust him anymore. I think he just doesn't want to own up to what he did. What do y'all think is wrong with it? I don't want to take it apart because this is the biggest pota ever to work on.

Nope. Linux on my netbook doesn't detect my E-410, that's what I was booting the iBook for. I have ruled out any type of graphics problem because I got an open firmware boot. I think he stepped on it or put something heavy on it.

LOL I think the HD is either unplugged or corrupted. I reall hope the first, since it has about $3000 worth of software on it, and he burnt music over my backup.

i dont know why you didnt shoot him. burned music over your backup.. id of killed him. but thats just the negro n me :)

Why did you lend it to him if its so valuable bud.

Well he wanted it really bad and was whining about how he doesn't have one and he won't get a job, so my mom made me loan it to him. I made him promise he would pay if he damages it. I have an extra LCD for it in an old parts one, so if I can fix it without buying anything, I think I will charge him for labor.

Well he wanted it really bad and was whining about how he doesn't have one and he won't get a job, so my mom made me loan it to him. I made him promise he would pay if he damages it. I have an extra LCD for it in an old parts one, so if I can fix it without buying anything, I think I will charge him for labor.

I would be telling your mom first.
Nothing can make you feel like crap more than a "mother is disappointed in you" talk.
As for the Ibook... Well... You know how I feel about apple :p

Back
Top Bottom