My Birthday!

Re: Well...

setishock said:
You enjoy the freedoms of this country. So at 18 you sign up to go if called on by your country. Odds are slim and none but you have to sign up. It's the law.

Oh by the way> Happy Birthday...

Well, I read you DON'T have to but you face not getting any loans or any sort of federal goverment jobs and no one has been arrested since 1980. So, I don't have to actually..

Just a little read..

What About the Law?

Since 1980, more than a million people have refused to register. Millions more have broken the draft laws in other ways (by not reporting address changes, not giving their Social Security numbers, or encouraging others to refuse to register).

The government tried to enforce registration and failed. Nobody has been indicted for refusing to register since 1986. The government couldn't prosecute 1,000,000 people anyway. Instead, they used a few token trials to try to intimidate us. But in cities where trials were held, the registration rates went down, not up.

People who are quiet about resistance have been safe. 19 of the 20 nonregistrants who were prosecuted since 1980 were outspoken public advocates of resistance. They usually wrote letters to SS saying they wouldn't register. The 20th man indicted didn't speak English, didn't know he was supposed to register, and was indicted by mistake. The government dropped the charges in embarrassment.

Even for those of us who speak out publicly, the risk is small. Thousands of people publicized their resistance, but only 19 of them were indicted.

Most people do register eventually. But often they register several years late, when they are too old to be drafted anyway. People who register are supposed to notify Selective Service whenever they move, but most people don't. If the SS can't find you, they can't draft you. In one test, the SS could find fewer than 1 out of every 4 registrants!

Seti Says>>> I get your point.

Yo bob, Happy b-day man..

Party hardy marty, have a good one..and don't do anything i would'nt do, but if you do ..do it with style !!

Steven12 said:
So bob,
Are you going to have a lan party, that would be wel cool, lool

I wish I was but back at my mom's house where everyone around here smokes weed and drinks. I am no drug kind of guy. So, I'll be bored today.

Back
Top Bottom