Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 02-24-2008, 01:54 PM   #1
Daemon Poster

Send a message via AIM to Steemax Send a message via MSN to Steemax Send a message via Yahoo to Steemax
Default My allergies are the most annoying.

I have the worse allergies anyone can come up with, 24/7 every day of the year my nose is clogged and I have to use Afrin (nasal spray) for it to open up. The only way We were able to stop it was antibiotics but that was temporary, ive taken every medicine that has to do with allergies and nothing helps. Well does anyone know of any natural ways, home made remedies, that could possibly help in the long run?

Thanks!

Old 02-24-2008, 02:02 PM   #2
Fully Optimized

Send a message via MSN to blackjack
Default Re: My allergies are the most annoying.

Try filling a bowl up with steam and putting a towl over you head then breath in the steam for a min or two

blackjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 02:30 PM   #3
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to borat_sagdiyev Send a message via MSN to borat_sagdiyev

i hate allergies. thank god that nobody in my family is allergic to anything. go to the doctor for him/her to recommend you something.
evga geforce 7600GT overclocked
borat_sagdiyev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 02:38 PM   #4
Daemon Poster

Send a message via AIM to Steemax Send a message via MSN to Steemax Send a message via Yahoo to Steemax

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjack View Post
Try filling a bowl up with steam and putting a towl over you head then breath in the steam for a min or two
hmm ill try that now thanks for idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by borat_sagdiyev View Post
i hate allergies. thank god that nobody in my family is allergic to anything. go to the doctor for him/her to recommend you something.
lol every doctor around my area prolly hates me by now, none of them where able to do anything about it, they have run out of things to prescribe. AND im not allergic to anything its like a seasonal allergy but 24/7 cuz i dont sneeze, my throat is perfect, its just my nose gets clogged.
Old 02-24-2008, 02:39 PM   #5
Daemon Poster

have you already tried zyrtec? only allergy med that works for me. also, they just made it available over the counter too so you don't need a perscription for it.
Antec 300 Case, Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 @ 3GHz, Gigabyte GA-EP43-UD3L, PNY 4GB PC6400 800MHz DDR2 RAM, XFX Radeon HD 5550 1GB DDR3 Ram, 1TB Western Digital Black 7200 32MB cache, 64-bit Windows 7 Ultimate SP1, Antec Earthwatts 500 Watts
thebigdintx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 02:44 PM   #6
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to D-Lew

I just deal with mine haha.
They suck bad.
D-Lew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 02:56 PM   #7
Daemon Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigdintx View Post
have you already tried zyrtec? only allergy med that works for me. also, they just made it available over the counter too so you don't need a perscription for it.
yep i tried it,
Old 02-24-2008, 03:01 PM   #8
Guru

It might be because of dry air. That happens to me a lot when the air is dry. I usually keep like a spray bottle filled with water beside my computer. But it's been snowing lately so the air is pretty humid.
JogaBonito1502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 05:09 PM   #9
In Runtime

Send a message via AIM to Waldorf PC

I would have to say that I feel your pain. Just think if you were alergic to gluten. Well, I am, and it makes life difficult sometimes, since gluten is found in so many foods. I have to be extremely picky about what I eat. If I'm not, the effects are lethal! The only remedy is sticking to an extremely, strict diet. See what I mean at www.gicare.com/pated/edtgs06.htm

Let's just say that I wish nasal alergies were all I had to contend with.

So, in the alergy department, you are not alone. Hang in there.
Waldorf PC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 05:49 PM   #10
Fully Optimized

Send a message via MSN to blackjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steemax View Post
hmm ill try that now thanks for idea

lol every doctor around my area prolly hates me by now, none of them where able to do anything about it, they have run out of things to prescribe. AND im not allergic to anything its like a seasonal allergy but 24/7 cuz i dont sneeze, my throat is perfect, its just my nose gets clogged.
Steam is very good solution for getting rid f bocked noses and reducing nasty Flem, I have Nasonex for when I'm bad and it helps, mine was prescribed by the doctor but to be only used at the first sign of a cold, you can buy Menthol Crystals to put in the steam, and they blow you head off, but I have found that just makes my sinuses worse, so just using steam a couple a times a day with a Lem-sip or a packet of Halls works wonders.

blackjack is offline   Reply With Quote