mw2 airport

*May contain spoilers for those who haven't played*
I think the airport scene is an essential part of the game. The Russians wouldn't have invaded if it weren't for that.

I will say the scenes when you are fighting as American soldiers on the front line.... Front line being northeast VA and DC area...... Are so realistic looking it is insane. And the music (most of which composed by Hans Zimmer I should add) fits along with it perfectly and adds to the emotional feel of those scenes..

SPOILER!!!!
Haha at any moment when we were in the destroyed DC area, and when we went into the White House the whole time I was praying we would get to rescue Obama. But it just wasn't meant to be :(

I heard a bunch of 70+ year olds discussing this when I was up getting my H1N1 shot the other day. It was quite an amusing conversation, but I think after one described Call of Duty and video games in general to the others they were more astounded that this was considered entertainment.

One of them said "back when I was growing up we'd be bringing wood to school to light the fire and come back home to help our parents, and we liked it. no playing with computers and killing people" and then proceeded with a really, really, REALLY extensive rant on the degrading of society.

It really helped pass by the hour wait. ;)

What pisses me off about the "back in the day...we worked... not played on computers... played with sticks... etc.."

You worked and played with sticks because back in your day you were in the era of a world wars / depressions. They didn't have f'in computers to play on or they would have played on them.
FFS old people piss me off, I REALLY hope I don't become that ignorant with new things to come.

I think the elders are correct though. What constructive thing comes from playing video games? Nothing.

Are you trying to imply that everything we do should be constructive joga? *What ever happened to just having fun? *I work a full time job plus go to school were I carry a 4.0 gpa. I'd say that I'm pretty constructive and that playing a game is a nice escape from all the other stuff I have going on.*

Also if you wanted to get technical games like this teach us teamwork. When playing mission based team games you need to work together to win. You need to have good organization and communication within your team if you want to do well. *

Äߧý∩†H♠H䎀;990221 said:
Are you trying to imply that everything we do should be constructive joga? *What ever happened to just having fun? *I work a full time job plus go to school were I carry a 4.0 gpa. I'd say that I'm pretty constructive and that playing a game is a nice escape from all the other stuff I have going on.*

Also if you wanted to get technical games like this teach us teamwork. When playing mission based team games you need to work together to win. You need to have good organization and communication within your team if you want to do well. *

1. I was not saying that. I'm just agreeing that back then more things constructive were done in people's free time than now. I never said you couldn't/shouldn't have fun.

2. Call of Duty would teach teamwork if people actually coordinated themselves. I haven't been in one game where everything was coordinated. People just go each their own way and shoot whatever comes in their way. However, there is room for much teamwork to be taught. In fact, I was playing coop with a friend yesterday on a sniper mission. We needed a lot of communication to get through the level.

When I was with the teams it was all team work or you got your ass shot or captured.
Playing this on an open server you have some hotshots that don't know the meaning of teamwork or could care less.
As for "back then" I played with my Match Book cars and Tonka trucks. But as technology moved forward, I moved forward with it. My ideas of a good time haven't changed. My toys are what's changed.
Relax Joga. Make time to let the inner kid in you get out and play.

It's completely fine with me. They give a warning before you play the level...so there is nothing wrong. (I think)

Back
Top Bottom