Musicians

I used to play the guitar. I've been really wanting to pick it up again but I don't have one. Thinking of borrowing my girlfriend's.

I have been playing guitar for 5 years. I play everyday as all this computer stuff is just a fun hobby. I am also majoring in music production at my college. I love music and writing it / recording it. I listen to a lot of different genres but I play metal music.

Some of my favorite bands are Cattle Decapitation, iwrestledabearonce, Nile, Duck Duck Goose.

I played Tuba for about 12 years, (started with lessons in primary school ended up playing in bands, but eventually gave it up when I went to university) -at the end of the day a full sized tuba cost a few thousand pounds, I didn't have the money to buy that, and was playing in a competing band, who couldn't keep my instrument on hold whilst waiting for me to come home after term finished and such.

also played guitar (on and off), for for about 13 (perhaps a few more) years, never really been brilliant at it as I learned from a book rather than having proper lessons. though can play reasonably well and have been in gigging bands.

a few years ago I bought a trombone in an effort to try to get back into playing brass instruments, but if I'm honest it's spent the last two years say in it's case in the corner not even being looked at. :(

That's kewl root. I'd love to be able to perform in a band or something.

Maybe you should get it out today :D

@ Root. Very cool man! 12 years? That's awesome +1 for music players. I've been playing Trumpet for about 8 years (since 5th grade)

I suppose I should elaborate more, I started playing brass age, 7 or 8, I played a baritone, then I started playing euphonium, in our schools band.

In the last year of primary school I started playing in the town junior band, and in secondary school started playing tuba, (a half sized tuba). and played this in the school band, as well as in the town junior band, (the junior band mostly played in fetes and such, and played a couple of competitions.

a few years later I started playing a full sized tuba in the towns senior band, (which is people aged roughly 16 - well there is no upper age limit). we played almost entirely competitions, area competitions, and national competitions etc, I also went on tour with that band twice to France and once to Germany.

sadly my guitar playing career hasn't been nearly a illustrious, the only place that I've played have been football clubs and cricket clubs, and arts venues, (that's football and cricket club clubhouses, not stadiums). -I mostly played bass guitar in bands anyway. biggest gig there being to a couple of hundred people.

Probably the most successful (guitar based) band that I was in was a band that toured in Germany, (shortly after I left said band).

I had quite a musical bunch of friends in school, the guy who was in the band mentioned above was also in the brass bands that I was in (though he was a drummer), he went on to be in a band and played a few gigs at the Glastonbury festival.
another friend who I was at school with now plays in a rock band and regularly tours (the world). which is epically cool...

as for getting an instrument out today, I live in a shared house, so, kind of limits the amount that I can play trombone!, -even though one of my house mates (who plays and teaches guitar) is always playing and singing etc ready for doing gigs, or ready for when he's recording. though generally guitar tends to be a bit quieter.

nowadays I probably spend more time building amps than playing any kind of instrument through an amp. (which is a shame), but there you go.

(just occurred to me that I've been playing instruments (either brass of guitar for 20 years now). suppose I should actually sit down, practise and get good at playing something!

edit- and I always wanted to play the trumpet, if only because it's a lot smaller, a lot lighter and a lot easier to carry about than a tuba! sadly after 12 years of playing tuba, (and 8 year of playing no brass properly), I doubt I could pick up a trumpet and learn now.

I've been playing guitar for around 20 years. Drums off and on, whenever I get the chance (usually at parties or family get-togethers). Lately I've been getting into singing and playing guitar (it's not as hard as it may sound if the song is right). I think I have the most fun playing drums, though. Not so much because I find it musically satisfying, but more because I really enjoy hitting things with sticks.

Back
Top Bottom