Muscle car for a 16 year old?

superman22x

Golden Master
I just got back from my friends house a couple hours ago. I just went over there to see his trans am he just had finished. He and his dad had worked on it for a year or so, the engine has some problems, so they are going to plop a 400 in there while they get the 455 fixed.
But anyway, the point of this is, I want a muscle car. I am 16 still tho. I am getting my dads 2002 forester with about 189,000 miles on it. The car is worth $4500-$6000 I think. I might be able to convine my dad to let me sell it to get a different car.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1979...oryZ6161QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
I was looking at that, but my dad said to get something around here. And I'm sure since I live 2 hours away from chicago, that wont be a problem. But I was just looking for recomendations on a mucle car that would be affordable, yet decent.

And insurance costs, I looked at progressive, but they were giving goofy prices. I know that for a fact, cause I entered in the same setuo we have now, 2 cars and 3 drivers, and I put in the same ages and all, but there quotes were $470 a month, and we pay $870 every 6 months...

You're crazy, stick with the forester, its durable and reliable, when you get a job and you feel you are ready to handle a muscle car then save up and buy a newer muscle car.

Are you paying for gas? If you are, stick with the Forester. Don't plan on driving in the snow with it either.

I've always liked the old Ford Mustangs or Cobra. Small, yet powerful. Lots of tweaks you can do to it. I woldn't mind getting an old model and rebuilding it from the ground up. It will be a nice project.

Forget the Camaro, & if you take my advice, the Forester too, you probably don't think so now but you're far too young at 16 to be driving cars like that IMO, & are you allowed by law to drive these anyway?, have patience, wait until you're at least 18, believe me those two years will simply zi-i-i-i-p by, they did for me!!!:)

Muscle car for a 16 year old?

That is the LAST thing a 16 year old kid needs is a muscle car.
It's like buying a new BMW you don't just drive it off the lot you first test drive it for a few hours to get the hang of it very fast, powerful cars.

Muscle cars are just raw power and no manoeuvrability, they should be left only to professionals and extremely skilled drivers.

Back
Top Bottom