MSN Virus

ssc456

Fully Optimized
Afternoon guys,

a friend of mine has been stupid enough to get the infamous MSN virus where it send everyone on your contact list a message like hey have you seen how stupid i look in this pic.

and then sends some zip file.

well she did have mcafee on their so i got rid of that download smitfraudfix and put symantec corporate edition on there.

rebooted in safe mode rane smitfradfix and symantec and winows defender and it rebooted and uninstalled and reinstalled live messenger.

this seemed to work but then 2 days later the same problem returns?

any 1 know a perm fix for this she has insured me that after i sorted it the first time she has not clicked on the link again

Nasties in the registry wouldn't cause the problem to reoccur. I've seen alot of these msn virus's floating around with rootkits in them. With a rootkit, the virus could appear to be cleaned than reappear.

Ay sister has the same virus on her computer and she didn't even accept it from anyone else it just popped up out of nowhere. Any ideas how that could have happened?

I got that a couple months ago. It was purely accidental. I was clicking on my hotmail check boxes to delete spam, but I clicked on the link. It started affecting everything so I just reformatted. I didn't lose anything because I keep files on a second partition.

Nearly ALL my contacts have that virus, I tell them they have a virus and they say "no I don't..." but really they do, it makes them sound stupid. I lol at them :D

Nearly ALL my contacts have that virus, I tell them they have a virus and they say "no I don't..." but really they do, it makes them sound stupid. I lol at them :D

I don't associate with people that are dumb enough to get a virus this way usually, real easy solution for me :)

I got that a couple months ago. It was purely accidental. I was clicking on my hotmail check boxes to delete spam, but I clicked on the link. It started affecting everything so I just reformatted. I didn't lose anything because I keep files on a second partition.

Unless your using a terribly outdated browser, theirs no way you can get a virus by simply clicking there link. Need to run the ".com" file.

Ay sister has the same virus on her computer and she didn't even accept it from anyone else it just popped up out of nowhere. Any ideas how that could have happened?

She clicked on it and ran it.

Back
Top Bottom