MS Flight Simulator X out now

Has we see here. Admin, Me and other people had problems with it. Admin has a 7600GT and I have X1600pro that will just render that game like nothing but we still get low frame rates... Just hope the game isnt like that or Microsoft will get alot of emails letters etc

From what I've read, the full game is a little bit better, but still suffers unless you have high end graphics, and even then it doesn't exactly have stellar rates.

It's a simulator with very far distance draw. Don't expect top-notch graphics unless you can afford high-end solutions.

You'll have to wait. For MS Flight sim there is a very strong developer community that loves to make mods, and many of them are free. But with new game features comes a whole new method of designing aircraft, it will be a few months before those are out there. That is, assuming FS 2004 aircraft are incompatible with FS X. If they are compatible, they're everywhere. Just search for Flight Simulator 2004 aircraft and you'll find many developer sites. All you do is drop it in the aircraft folder and you're good to go. Also, there are professionally developed add-ons that will (most of the time) be much higher quality than the freeware downloads, and those typically cost around $20.

I don't think the developer community will be as strong this time around because of the SDK being in the expensive package. Is that the only place you can get it? Last time around it was free for download, you just needed discreet gmax and some plugins. Does anyone know?

Back
Top Bottom