Mp3 Players

nstepho

In Runtime
Hello.
If you read my other thread about a new phone, I've changed my mind. I thought I should get a new mp3 player for Christmas. I bought a 20gb iPod a few years ago, and over the last few months has been making noises and stuff, and it finally died completely the other day.

I am thinking I should get a player that plays videos too, but I'm not too sure about getting an iPod, as my other one had a lot of problems. My brother has a creative, and it has worked perfectly for a long time, so I'm thinking about one of those. Could anyone suggest a good brand or model?
Thanks

yeah, i hear those were the bomb, and the price will soon drop too after christmas..so if you did'nt get one for christmas, save up for one the following year..

nstepho said:
has been making noises

I'd hope it was making some kind of noise, considering it was an MP3 player. :D

Anyway, another iPod looks like a good bet from my point of view. Seeing as they now go up to 80Gb. But if you'd rather give Apple a miss, then so be it. Creative are meant to be pretty damn good, although I've never had one myself.

I have a Creative Zen Vision M. Very good player, definietly.
It has a couple of drawbacks, but nothing any other player doesn't have, for instance, I get annoyed that the shuffling doesn't remember whats played and what hasn't after you switch the unit off.
It'd be alot better if it deleted tracks from a custom library for example after a track had played, and simply reloaded that until all had played.

Very nice though, and video playback is really good too.
Shame the battery on videos only lasts 4.5 hours, on the 30GB model, but, its enough for most peoples tastes.

With audio lasting 14 hours in their tests, but more like 12 in mine when I did a test after buying it and charging it a few times with audio slightly higher, and some use of the screen.

Back
Top Bottom