Moving out?

What happends if you dont pay it? Can they backtrace you? :D

TV license?

yes, there is a company (Capita) who trace down unlicensed addresses, they send inspectors to see if you've got and are using a TV to watch live broadcasts.

if you are there is a £10k fine and you could end up going to jail.

it's only £130 a year for a license, so most just pay it, -and they do let you pay by instalments.

oh... more to the list...
you might want seperate insurance for electronic items, (phone camera etc).

and if you have a garden in wherever you move then you're going to want to maintain it, so stick a lawnmower on the list too!

and if you don't buy one you'll end up just borrowing on all the time or hiring one from a garden machinery shop, so it's often easier to just buy a cheap one!

this is my break down..

Electric - 50$
Internet/TV - 60$
Cell - 85$
Rent - 450$
Car Insurance - 125$
College Loans - 220$
Truck Payment - 300$
Gas - 250$
Food - 250$
ME money - 300$

anything after that i just save.

Here in Calgary, Canada I pay...

This is all Per Month stuff

Rent - $1350.00 - This includes all utilities and underground secure parking

Car Payments - $618.00

High Def Cable, Internet, Phone, Movie Channels etc.. - $210.00

Two Iphones with data plans - $140.00 ($70 per phone)

Car Insurance, Condo Insurance - $120 total

Food for two - $400.00

Gas for cars - $160.00

My Woman's Student Loan - $42.00

Besides any small extras that's about it

If you have the opportunity to have everything paid for with your parents, stay there. If you are getting kicked out, then find some roommates.

For me, I have a 3 story + basement house at school. 6 bedroom, 2 bath, and we have 7 people living there. For me, Rent is about $200, and Utilities are about $60 divided 7 ways, but I live where it's cold and snowy, so gas is a BIG one. Food is about $40 a week. And that's about it. But by me housing is fairly cheap. My cousin lives in Milwaukee and pays something like $500 a month with the same number of roommates.

Do you have all of the BBC Channels?

We just pay the TV License for the BBC Channels (and some advert-funded ones). You dont need a monthly subscription on top of that.

You might want to look in to an extended stay sort of place.
I pay $119.00 + 13% tax a week and everything is included. I have a two room suite with washer/dryer. I works for me as I have my privacy. I don't have to worry about stepping on some one's toes or bothering any one. And I can jam my surround sound system any time of day. Plus what food I put in the fridge is still there when I decide to eat it.

Oh yeah, I get housekeeping free of charge from the head housekeeper. She's the only one I trust to be in my home when I'm not there. Nope no booty yet but I'm working on that...LOL!!!

Neo, don't forget a car and all the payments that go along with that like insurance, gas, licensing fees and the car payment.

Once you find a place, you're going to need furniture, dishes, beds....etc for the place, you have to figure that into the initial money you'll have to spend.

I love BBC, and it came with our TV package. Do you still have to pay each month for your TV or just the license.

It's not the same BBC. You're probably watching BBC America, which is commercially funded. They don't air commercials on their domestic channels.

Back
Top Bottom