Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-16-2010, 09:59 AM   #1
Bogan
 
Neodude112320's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 8,471
Send a message via MSN to Neodude112320
Default Moving out?

Just out of interest, What things would you have to consider if you were to move out? I've come up with:

-Rent (~$300 Week)
-Electricity (Unsure)
-Water (Unsure)
-Renters Insurance (Fire and Theft) (~$210 Year)
-Groceries and Other house hold items (~$70 Week)
-Mobile Phone (Wouldnt bother with a land line)
-Broadband



Anything im missing?
__________________

__________________
Desktop:BitFenix Survivor~Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3R~ i7 2600K @ 4hz~AMD 6870 1GB~12gb Team Elite DDR3 1333~3xWD In RAID5~W7 Ult
Laptop:Alienware M11x~ i7-2637M 1.7GHz~16GB 1333MHz DDR3~GeForce GT 540M~W7 Ult
Neodude112320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 10:11 AM   #2
Fully Optimized
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: England
Posts: 3,390
Default Re: Moving out?

-Broadband
-Telephone
-TV
-TV License

Just a few other things there. I personally can do without the landline telephone but the other three are pretty much essential to me.
__________________

__________________
Lenovo ThinkPad T410 - i7 620M - 8GB RAM - Crucial M4 120GB SSD - 250GB 2nd drive - Intel HD 3000 GPU - 1440x900 - Windows 7/8
REMENIZ Computers
Remeniz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 10:17 AM   #3
..m.0,0.m..
Site Team
 
iPwn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 3,870
Default Re: Moving out?

What the heck is a TV License? You have to have a license to watch TV in England?
__________________
Me: You'd think as the dominant species we wouldn't be so effing stupid.
J: We're just intelligent enough to be completely effing stupid.
iPwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 10:23 AM   #4
Bogan
 
Neodude112320's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 8,471
Send a message via MSN to Neodude112320
Default Re: Moving out?

Here in australia you dont need a tv license and i can go without pay-tv, broadband i'll have to add!
__________________
Desktop:BitFenix Survivor~Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3R~ i7 2600K @ 4hz~AMD 6870 1GB~12gb Team Elite DDR3 1333~3xWD In RAID5~W7 Ult
Laptop:Alienware M11x~ i7-2637M 1.7GHz~16GB 1333MHz DDR3~GeForce GT 540M~W7 Ult
Neodude112320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 10:31 AM   #5
Fully Optimized
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: England
Posts: 3,390
Default Re: Moving out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfectionZero View Post
What the heck is a TV License? You have to have a license to watch TV in England?
Unfortunately we have to pay a TV license here in the UK.

If you have a TV, computer or mobile device capable of displaying TV broadcasts then you have to pay it.

It sucks!
__________________
Lenovo ThinkPad T410 - i7 620M - 8GB RAM - Crucial M4 120GB SSD - 250GB 2nd drive - Intel HD 3000 GPU - 1440x900 - Windows 7/8
REMENIZ Computers
Remeniz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 10:40 AM   #6
..m.0,0.m..
Site Team
 
iPwn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 3,870
Default Re: Moving out?

double you tee eff batman!!!
__________________
Me: You'd think as the dominant species we wouldn't be so effing stupid.
J: We're just intelligent enough to be completely effing stupid.
iPwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 11:01 AM   #7
Site Team
 
root's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 8,003
Default Re: Moving out?

Umm, the list of bills that I have for the year

Rent,
Gas,
Electric,
Water,
Council tax -for utilities like refuse collection
TV,
Internet,
Phone,
house insurance,

those are the standard bills that you'll have to pay every month.

if you're just moving out.
you'll need to pay

deposit.
1st month rent in advance
estate agents fees. (Finders fee/contract fee's)
security check fee

and depending on the kind of tenancy you get, i.e if it's a set 6 month/1 year tenancy you may have to pay for contracts to be signed each time they run out.

if you get a rolling periodic tenancy then you should only have to pay once, as your contract rolls on from one month to the next.


if you're trying to put a budget together, then don't forget

food,
cleaning stuff (for the house)
cleaning stuff (for you)
cleaning stuff (for your clothes)
cleaning stuff (for your dishes)
clothes
maintenance costs. -even though you;re in someone else's house you'll have to return it to the way it was when you first rented. in the last house I was in we rented an industrial carpet cleaner once every six months to get the place looking clean again.
when we moved out we have a load of things to do (we had to replace door that we'd put a hole in!), we painted over all the walls to remove marks where we'd have our hands on the walls, cleaned all the carpets. etc

I don't know if you've already got this stuff, or are intending to get it.

but don't forget that in the first month you'll need to pay.
months rent in advance, deposit and estate agent/realtor's fee's. but you'll also need to pay set-up fee's for your internet, maybe need to buy a TV, buy a hoover, buy plates and other crockery, buy cutlery, buy a kettle. you might also need to buy furniture, a new bed set, possibly buy a fridge and washing machine.

that first month can be a crippling hit to your finances! so make sure that you've really saved up enough to move out!
__________________
I didn’t fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian…
Im sick of people saying 'dont waste paper'. If trees wanted to live, they'd all carry guns.
"The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of blessings; The inherent vice of socialism is the equal sharing of miseries."
root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 11:02 AM   #8
Bogan
 
Neodude112320's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 8,471
Send a message via MSN to Neodude112320
Default Re: Moving out?

Quote:
Unfortunately we have to pay a TV license here in the UK.

If you have a TV, computer or mobile device capable of displaying TV broadcasts then you have to pay it.

It sucks!
What happends if you dont pay it? Can they backtrace you?
__________________
Desktop:BitFenix Survivor~Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3R~ i7 2600K @ 4hz~AMD 6870 1GB~12gb Team Elite DDR3 1333~3xWD In RAID5~W7 Ult
Laptop:Alienware M11x~ i7-2637M 1.7GHz~16GB 1333MHz DDR3~GeForce GT 540M~W7 Ult
Neodude112320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 11:02 AM   #9
Site Team
 
root's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 8,003
Default Re: Moving out?

you'll also want some money to go out every once in a while.
__________________
I didn’t fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian…
Im sick of people saying 'dont waste paper'. If trees wanted to live, they'd all carry guns.
"The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of blessings; The inherent vice of socialism is the equal sharing of miseries."
root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 11:03 AM   #10
Bogan
 
Neodude112320's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 8,471
Send a message via MSN to Neodude112320
Default Re: Moving out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by root View Post
Umm, the list of bills that I have for the year

Rent,
Gas,
Electric,
Water,
Council tax -for utilities like refuse collection
TV,
Internet,
Phone,
house insurance,

those are the standard bills that you'll have to pay every month.

if you're just moving out.
you'll need to pay

deposit.
1st month rent in advance
estate agents fees. (Finders fee/contract fee's)
security check fee

and depending on the kind of tenancy you get, i.e if it's a set 6 month/1 year tenancy you may have to pay for contracts to be signed each time they run out.

if you get a rolling periodic tenancy then you should only have to pay once, as your contract rolls on from one month to the next.


if you're trying to put a budget together, then don't forget

food,
cleaning stuff (for the house)
cleaning stuff (for you)
cleaning stuff (for your clothes)
cleaning stuff (for your dishes)
clothes
maintenance costs. -even though you;re in someone else's house you'll have to return it to the way it was when you first rented. in the last house I was in we rented an industrial carpet cleaner once every six months to get the place looking clean again.
when we moved out we have a load of things to do (we had to replace door that we'd put a hole in!), we painted over all the walls to remove marks where we'd have our hands on the walls, cleaned all the carpets. etc

I don't know if you've already got this stuff, or are intending to get it.

but don't forget that in the first month you'll need to pay.
months rent in advance, deposit and estate agent/realtor's fee's. but you'll also need to pay set-up fee's for your internet, maybe need to buy a TV, buy a hoover, buy plates and other crockery, buy cutlery, buy a kettle. you might also need to buy furniture, a new bed set, possibly buy a fridge and washing machine.

that first month can be a crippling hit to your finances! so make sure that you've really saved up enough to move out!
Ugh, I Intend to have quite a bit saved up for when i move out, thanks for this list though!
__________________

__________________
Desktop:BitFenix Survivor~Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3R~ i7 2600K @ 4hz~AMD 6870 1GB~12gb Team Elite DDR3 1333~3xWD In RAID5~W7 Ult
Laptop:Alienware M11x~ i7-2637M 1.7GHz~16GB 1333MHz DDR3~GeForce GT 540M~W7 Ult
Neodude112320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0