Movies that changed your life

You like to see a beautiful gal, How about Blue Lagoon or if you like some bad to good payback" i spit on your grave".

Been done. I Spit on Your Grave really gave me the chills. Sweet revenge, especially the Sheriff.

He likes it in the rear ya know. :lol:

What I mean with WTF is the odd stories/plots. Maybe some of the movies didn't fit I'm not sure.

Some of those in my first list could be the WTF movie as well. Ah hell, put em all together they're worth watching. :cool:

Not sure if this includes changing my life, but there are movies/motion features that almost traumatized me.

There is Demons 2 (Demoni 2), a horror movie that game e nightmares as a kid and defined horror movies for me. A movie of the good old days when monster design was good.

An anime ending (the original Berserk anime) with a cliffhanger where the hero fights demon outbreak desperately losing his arm and not able to do anything to stop the demons from having their way with a companion woman.

The Road and its presentation of an end of the world when almost everything died other than humans, soils stops accepting plant growth, earth quakes erupting and storms hit at random, temperature keeps going down and stuff. This left people starving and resorting to cannibalism sometimes with unspeakable innovations.

Yeah, I'm so emotional.

There are games as well, but that's off-topic :D

I don't want to get into philosophical discussions, but "changing your life" doesn't mean making you happy or changing the way you see the world. It's something that happened to you and shaped you in some way, or just stuck with you. Remembering a character or a scene and crying, laughing, smiling, or even the fact that you still remember would qualify.

It doesn't have to turn you into a different person. It's just about naming the movies that you saw and didn't forget about it the next week.

No movie or film star/singer/so called celebrity has, nor will, change my life. what did change my life was 12 years in the army. That is called reality. One of the biggest problems that I can see, looking around this present day world, is that an awful lot of people, mainly youngsters, are living in a computer generated fantasy world. They walk around with either a phone stuck to the side of their heads or with their heads permanently bent down playing games on their devices. I am getting on in years and, to an extent, I look forward to the fact that I will not be around to see the absolute mess that this world will be in when these people take charge. The rot has already started.

No movie or film star/singer/so called celebrity has, nor will, change my life. what did change my life was 12 years in the army. That is called reality. One of the biggest problems that I can see, looking around this present day world, is that an awful lot of people, mainly youngsters, are living in a computer generated fantasy world. They walk around with either a phone stuck to the side of their heads or with their heads permanently bent down playing games on their devices. I am getting on in years and, to an extent, I look forward to the fact that I will not be around to see the absolute mess that this world will be in when these people take charge. The rot has already started.

I second this. Humanity is being deliberately 'dumbed down' by distraction techniques. Where will the next Einsteins come from? Certainly not from The Millenials.

Oh and you guys are saying there weren't distraction techniques in the past too? Wrong! Alcohol and drugs don't count? Come on. The distraction techniques have changed in the last few years, they weren't invented.

---------- Post added at 06:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:07 AM ----------

Not sure if this includes changing my life, but there are movies/motion features that almost traumatized me.

There is Demons 2 (Demoni 2), a horror movie that game e nightmares as a kid and defined horror movies for me. A movie of the good old days when monster design was good.

An anime ending (the original Berserk anime) with a cliffhanger where the hero fights demon outbreak desperately losing his arm and not able to do anything to stop the demons from having their way with a companion woman.

The Road and its presentation of an end of the world when almost everything died other than humans, soils stops accepting plant growth, earth quakes erupting and storms hit at random, temperature keeps going down and stuff. This left people starving and resorting to cannibalism sometimes with unspeakable innovations.

Yeah, I'm so emotional.

There are games as well, but that's off-topic :D
I guess I didn't think about movies that affected you negatively. That's good too, although I can't promise I'll watch the movie [emoji14]

Oh and you guys are saying there weren't distraction techniques in the past too? Wrong! Alcohol and drugs don't count? Come on. The distraction techniques have changed in the last few years, they weren't invented.

Of course there has always been an element of control since the dawn of civilisation. But not to the extent we see now. One could have lived in relative obscurity back then, without issue. If someone tries to turn their back on technology now and live a simpler life they are branded a social leper or an oddball.

Last edited:
I believe everything can do a change to one's life one way or another, but the thing is if we can pinpoint or realize that.

Well presented made up acts have effects on emotion and emotions affect our behavior. See? I just explained the difference between "effect" and "affect" indirectly.

Back
Top Bottom