Movie Piracy.

The thing with these figures is they think that everyone who buys a pirate copy of the film would go out and watch it in the cinema or buy the DVD if there was no pirate copy available now in some cases this isnt strictly true .

I'vee seen some pretty good pirated movies. I've also heard that some are so bad you can see the heads of the people sitting in front of the camcorder.

Yes the quality all depends on the method of recording used seeing as there is various methods used to pirate movies these days
Isn't it a pain in the ass to download a DVD? I'd rather spend the $10.00 and be over with it. Same goes with a CD.

Downloading a movie is a pain in the ass at least to me i dont use the traditional torrenting method so i rarely download movies . If i used torrenting im sure i woudl have so many more movies
As for music , Music is in fact very easy to pirate for me its one 100mbish download to download the music in MP3 format , i hate to say it but the current business model for the music industry needs updating a lot the pirates are many years ahead of the music industry

But a lot of them who would go to see it, go anyway, unless the movie is terrible, or they download it after seeing the movie.

6 Bil?!
Yes I agree if every person watching the pirated movie was going to the theater to see it, bu think about it. These people will download most every movie out there and watch them. Generally, these are people who wouldn't go see many movies in the theater. Therefore, the loss is not nearly as much as claimed, but this is just my opinion.

Isn't it a pain in the ass to download a DVD? I'd rather spend the $10.00 and be over with it. Same goes with a CD.

uhh no... a 700mb divx file downloaded in an hour is much more convenient. especially if i'm just gunna watch it once...

uhh no... a 700mb divx file downloaded in an hour is much more convenient. especially if i'm just gunna watch it once...

Still, I'd rather have something I can hold in my hand. Something that I know will be decent in terms of sound and picture quality.

Still, I'd rather have something I can hold in my hand. Something that I know will be decent in terms of sound and picture quality.

I suppose, but if you are going to watch something like Balls of fury. I'm not going to pay ten bucks let alone one dollar for it..

if i download a good dvd rip then i cant tell the difference between that and a proper dvd tbh.

i really cant see cam movies losing them that much money. a lot of people wait for dvd rips / screeners. i rarely watch cams.

I have to agree with you there.

I'll download a movie and if i like it i'll buy it so i can have the extra quality of the movie rather than having a low quality copy.

Back
Top Bottom