Motorcycle?

MarxSoccer

BSOD
I have a 1999 GSX 1300 Hayabusa, 201MPH completely stock. I also have a 125 shot of NOS. Fastest I've gone, 239. I have the pic below to prove to you. GPS is the most accurate way of clocking speed.

topspeed239mph3cy.jpg

thayabusaguinness0xn.jpg

thayabusa21xt.jpg

Post your's here :)

Dam ... thats a cool bike you got there
Yes i am abit too young ... but whats the price tag ? :rolleyes:

spank_fusion said:
Or a speedometer. Nice bike though - very sexy.

GPS is the most accurate way to get the speed of ANYTHING on earth. My Speedo was pinned past 220MPH. Normally Speedos are at LEAST 10% off of the TRUE MPH. 10% of 100 mph is 10mph. So if your speedo says your going 100, there is a REALLY good chance you are going 90mph, or slower. So at 200 mph, its 20mph off. thats 180. You get the picture here. However, GPS is 100% accurate. Nice try though spank_fusion. 239 :)

Dyserq - They list at about 10k. They still have 99's boxed up in warehouses, not even put together yet. You might ask, why not newer years of the Hayabusa? Well, in 1999, the first year it came out, nobody knew how fast it was stock. Since then, there have been limiters put on. But like I said, there are plenty of 99's sitting around brand new.

Dang ... way way way out of my price range :(
Its a shame ... if i had one i couldn't even ride it *sob sob*

I'd like to see some documentation on the speedometer discrepancy. Also, GPS is definitely not 100%. Usually GPSs can pinpoint your location within about a meter. This uncertainty will affect a speed calculation, if only a tiny bit.

spank_fusion said:
I'd like to see some documentation on the speedometer discrepancy. Also, GPS is definitely not 100%. Usually GPSs can pinpoint your location within about a meter. This uncertainty will affect a speed calculation, if only a tiny bit.

You can look it up yourself. GPS is the most accurate. Or, just to make you happy, I'll say it's more accurate than your speedometer, read what I said up there^^ At 220MPH, you could be 20MPH off.

Back
Top Bottom