Mosh Pit Survival

accidently kick someone, whats the big deal in that LOL. I don't usually care about the people around me haha, unless I know them of-course LOL

Yeah, any closed toe shoes will be fine. You don't want anything heavy cause you will get tired.

As for a jacket, I'd advise against it. You're going to get wayyyy too hot. Trust me.

I've been to several Metallica mosh pits (back in the day, before they sold out and became little whiny pussies). You have nothing to worry about...

One of these days I'll make it to a Metallica concert but the best/craziest pit I've ever been in was Lamb of God. They do what they call the Braveheart wall of death, half the crowd goes one way half the crowd goes the other way and then when the music kicked in overdrive everyone crashes towards each other. Most excellent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zf3x01h2gtY
Example.

Other tips and tricks: Go with the flow... Its never cool to be the guy going the wrong way and getting leveled and trampled. (i don't know how rowdy metallica pits are these days)

I second zippable pockets. The more you can keep stuff away from people the better. Even if there aren't pick pockets stuff can fall out.

Minimize what you carry in! Bare essencials only here! Some cash for yummies/shirts/drinks ect. ID and phone. but stuff other than that leave it in the glovebox of the car.

If you fall put one hand up and use the other to get up, usually people will grab you and pull you up. Also if you see this help its the pit thing to do.

Lastly have a great time and enjoy the great music, show up for the opening act even if they suck they are brave enough to be out there playing in front of thousands you owe them that much haha.

accidently kick someone, whats the big deal in that LOL. I don't usually care about the people around me haha, unless I know them of-course LOL

ha...
you've never been in a mosh pit with a like minded fool then...

you see, when you're flailing around with your steel toe cap boots then you kick someone there are two possible reactions...

the people you kick either ignore it and possibly move away...
or they exact revenge.

if you're wearing steel toe caps your feet will be heavy, and you'll tire quicker. you also stand a much better chance of having a few more meetings with the floor due the the occasional "it was an accident honest" extra heavy bash from your fellow moshers... or a lot more elbows to the face...

if you don't care about other people, they aren't going to care about you...

Same goes for crowd surfers...
I remember being at a gig once where there were so many of the bastards. in the end I got bored of being kicked in the head as they came over and so I started convincing people to steal their shoes and throw them on the stage.

frankly I couldn't care less that it was February, and in the north of England. the fact that they may never have gotten their shoes back and ended up walking barefoot in the rain doesn't bother me in the slightest...

and no. that's not a kill joy attitude, I know that crowd surfing is more fun than it is dangerous. but I still don't like being kicked in the head ever few minutes.

Ok, So pretty much zip pockets, be curtious, go with the crowd and have fun - following this i should be ok :D

Cheers guys, cant wait for tommorow!!

Back
Top Bottom