Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-12-2005, 10:08 PM   #41
BSOD
 
DarkBlade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,355
Send a message via MSN to DarkBlade
Default Re: More Firefox Flaws?!

Umm, shall I list the ways AMD pwns Intel in every sense of the word PWN Kalthorn?? Wait, no need. If you want, I can however, but I wont unless you totally want to be embarrassed for ever saying Intel is the best.... As fas as IE goes, it sucks. Linux pwns Microsoft, however, XP Pro is not too bad, I give it credit. nVidia pwns, correct.
__________________

DarkBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 12:07 AM   #42
Golden Master
 
alvino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 19,967
Send a message via AIM to alvino
Default Re: More Firefox Flaws?!

LOL things always heat up, especially when we get into the area of hardware manufacturers.
__________________

alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 12:13 PM   #43
The Candyman
 
~mr mixx~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 11,310
Default Re: More Firefox Flaws?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Kalthorn
Haha, you're all crazy

Genious crazy people though; it has to be said.

While thank you very much !!! I will exept this compliment on be 1/2 of this forum .....Lol
__________________
" Let the music move you "
~mr mixx~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 02:28 PM   #44
Guru
 
Lord Kalthorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Britain
Posts: 13,293
Send a message via MSN to Lord Kalthorn
Default Re: More Firefox Flaws?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakedog
You call us crazy for not supporting the money hungry company that brainwashes the society into believing that their software is the best? Go ahead, but like it or not, one day open source will dominate every aspect of Mircosoft.
Did you not see the CNET Interview of the CIO of Microsoft? He runs 300 thousand PCs on a Transcontinental Network; run completely on Microsoft Software bar the Anti-Virus which Microsoft does not make. He runs it on a Budget, and efficiently. If Microsoft software is crap how come it is capable of running at least one of the largest IT Systems in the World?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMD Zen
Umm, shall I list the ways AMD pwns Intel in every sense of the word PWN Kalthorn?? Wait, no need. If you want, I can however, but I wont unless you totally want to be embarrassed for ever saying Intel is the best.... As fas as IE goes, it sucks. Linux pwns Microsoft, however, XP Pro is not too bad, I give it credit. nVidia pwns, correct.
Haha... pwns... go on then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Mr Mixx~
While thank you very much !!! I will exept this compliment on be 1/2 of this forum .....Lol
Yeah; you're all great people
__________________
A Knight is sworn to Honour. His heart knows only Virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His might upholds the Weak. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the Wicked.
Lord Kalthorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 06:57 PM   #45
Fully Optimized
 
rakedog's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 2,718
Send a message via AIM to rakedog
Default

Quote:
Did you not see the CNET Interview of the CIO of Microsoft? He runs 300 thousand PCs on a Transcontinental Network; run completely on Microsoft Software bar the Anti-Virus which Microsoft does not make. He runs it on a Budget, and efficiently. If Microsoft software is crap how come it is capable of running at least one of the largest IT Systems in the World?
Um............ Okay...... could you please at least TRY to read my post? I never said that all their software is crap, i'm just saying they're brainwashing the society into believing they are the best.
__________________
hackthissite.org (criticalsecurity.net) | gentoo.org

The best argument against evolution are creationists themselves. They prove that life is devolving rather than evolving.
rakedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 10:52 AM   #46
Guru
 
Lord Kalthorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Britain
Posts: 13,293
Send a message via MSN to Lord Kalthorn
Default

Lol - that was to disagree wiht your point that they need to brainwash you into thinking their software is the best. I was proving it is the best and no brainwashing is required short of cleaning the brain of the propaganda of the Abyss.
__________________
A Knight is sworn to Honour. His heart knows only Virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His might upholds the Weak. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the Wicked.
Lord Kalthorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 11:41 AM   #47
BSOD
 
Giancarlo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,788
Send a message via AIM to Giancarlo
Default Re: More Firefox Flaws?!

Well your problem LK is I go both ways here. I like Microsoft for such great programs like Windows XP and Media Player. However, IE sucks.

Intel did a good job a few years back, but now their line of processors suck.
Giancarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 12:33 PM   #48
Fully Optimized
 
rakedog's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 2,718
Send a message via AIM to rakedog
Default

Quote:
Lol - that was to disagree wiht your point that they need to brainwash you into thinking their software is the best. I was proving it is the best and no brainwashing is required short of cleaning the brain of the propaganda of the Abyss.
So you are claiming that Microsoft is the best software in the world... And that all Linux sucks. Well, personally Kalthorn, I think you're an idiot. Because like it or not, certain Linux distros are simply more stable, more secure, and overall better (AND FREE) then Microsoft. Personally, I think that you should stay with Mircosoft. You can then experience the torture of their overpriced software, while I won't pay a dime to get my supirior software. And of course, you're going to start whining about how windows is better. Well, I don't care, because in my eyes, it's not. Whine all you want, and stay a Windows supporter, because I'm just going to laugh when Linux wins this battle.
__________________
hackthissite.org (criticalsecurity.net) | gentoo.org

The best argument against evolution are creationists themselves. They prove that life is devolving rather than evolving.
rakedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 02:09 PM   #49
In Runtime
 
dreamweaverdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 240
Default Re: More Firefox Flaws?!

microsoft do have some reasonable products and for the everyday user windows is ok, not to mention that explorer crashes on a regular basis. but for the more advanced guru's like youselves linux provides the user with a more rewarding experience. so go open source. fire fox has it. can i also point out to mr "lord" kalthorn that a large number of high end servers use linux becuase it is based on unix. nt server systems can't simply handle many tasks that unix based ones can.
dreamweaverdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 02:31 PM   #50
Guru
 
Lord Kalthorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Britain
Posts: 13,293
Send a message via MSN to Lord Kalthorn
Default Re: More Firefox Flaws?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakedog
So you are claiming that Microsoft is the best software in the world... And that all Linux sucks. Well, personally Kalthorn, I think you're an idiot. Because like it or not, certain Linux distros are simply more stable, more secure, and overall better (AND FREE) then Microsoft. Personally, I think that you should stay with Mircosoft. You can then experience the torture of their overpriced software, while I won't pay a dime to get my supirior software. And of course, you're going to start whining about how windows is better. Well, I don't care, because in my eyes, it's not. Whine all you want, and stay a Windows supporter, because I'm just going to laugh when Linux wins this battle.
Yes, basically I shall; I have no plans to sell my soul to the Abyss and be sent to burn in Dishonour, nor indeed sit in neutrality and use both to be ultimately sent into Purgatory. We all have to make our camps somewhere - pure Linux users I respect quite a lot; its the neutral bastards (neutral people being the only thing I hate more than Mac Users) that are the Linux-Folk. Those few who don't have the grapes to make the disconnection from Microsoft and instead whore themselves to both. It degrades both Windows and Linux users when somebody does that.

That's a valid point As far as I know you are a pure Linux user? I won't whine to somebody who has made their camp - I'm not a Jehovah's Witness. You know what? If Linux wins the war in our Lifetimes; in that it goes above 90% of all Desktop PCs - I will owe you a Drink.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamweaverdude
microsoft do have some reasonable products and for the everyday user windows is ok, not to mention that explorer crashes on a regular basis. but for the more advanced guru's like youselves linux provides the user with a more rewarding experience. so go open source. fire fox has it. can i also point out to mr "lord" kalthorn that a large number of high end servers use linux becuase it is based on unix. nt server systems can't simply handle many tasks that unix based ones can.
Explorer has never; and I kid you not; crashed on my nor anybody I know's PC. I don't know how it happens to people so much, but I have never seen it happen. More advanced Gurus can get on with Windows PCs with great ease - the power of so many great features at are fingers. Most Professionals not affiliated with MSDN or Technet will never realise the vast features and power of Windows XP Pro. It is, partially as I have said before, down to Political Views on how Government should work. Us Microsoft lovers; enjoy a more structured Command-Economy in general - Linux lovers are more Anarchistic and Free-Market based in that they believe in dozens of competing products ultimately doing the same thing time and time again. Its not very orderly and there is no command structure.
You can refer to me as something other than "Lord" Kalthorn. I may not be a Lord - but the name I carry is of Tiberius Kalthorn on here and he, rendered a physical charactor,is a Lord.

NT Server systems, with the backing to attack Linux, are only very young - the only real Windows Server Systems coming out with 2003, possibily 2000. Only time will tell how these hold up against the aging theory of Unix, and the backward theories of Linux.
__________________

__________________
A Knight is sworn to Honour. His heart knows only Virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His might upholds the Weak. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the Wicked.
Lord Kalthorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0