More Firefox Flaws?!

Lord Kalthorn said:
I have seen less Flaws up for Internet Explorer than I have heard of for Firefox. There have been... 9, major ones put up on CNET for Firefox since SP2. There have been most certainly no more than 4, maybe 5 Updates for Internet Explorer since SP2.

That's laughable at best.

I have seen less Flaws up for Internet Explorer than I have heard of for Firefox. There have been... 9, major ones put up on CNET for Firefox since SP2. There have been most certainly no more than 4, maybe 5 Updates for Internet Explorer since SP2.

First off, no evidence whatsoever. It's much much MUCH higher then 5. But what you said is true, there have probably been around 4 or 5 UPDATES for IE, and that's because M$ doesn't update all of it's flaws and bugs fast enough. But yeah, like giancarlo said, it's just not true.

On Firefox, we haven't had to worry about huge security holes. I remember one in IE that was so huge it could allow intruders to bypass firewalls.

One on SP2?

Microsoft Update Internet Explorer holes when they are needed, and get a Green Light for Security Warnings - before that point they are not recognised. Its the same for Firefox; it has to be recognised to be fixed. How many exploits somebody thinks there are for something - is rarely the truth; whether its actually less or more.

The vote says it all.. No more needs to be said in this thread... Goodday to you all, and FireFox owns Microsoft IE..... Bigtime....

Sorry kalthorn. You're outnumbered 15 to one. Or 15 to two if you count that other idiotic vote. Looks like we all like Firefox.

Lord Kalthorn said:
One on SP2?

I meant I remember one of the many. Stop messing around with my words.

Microsoft Update Internet Explorer holes when they are needed, and get a Green Light for Security Warnings - before that point they are not recognised. Its the same for Firefox; it has to be recognised to be fixed. How many exploits somebody thinks there are for something - is rarely the truth; whether its actually less or more.

Microsoft took a while to update that major hole where people could gain control of your computer. Firefox has far fewer exploits then IE, and is far more secure. Besides it doesn't let in Spyware in the first place. Firefox actually less. You need to stop lying to yourself.

Besides you are outnumbered 15 to 2. I in the past have vehemently defended Microsoft because I like Windows. But in the case of IE, even some programmers at Microsoft have said that Firefox is a better option.

Back
Top Bottom