More bomb attacks in London

It brings a dark light over my mood whenever I think about how the world has fallen into this corrupt state. Why must these people act with such cowardice, my thoughts go out to future generations, if this is what we are faced with, what's in store for them?
Gods Speed everyone

OK...

I gues this is more for you americans who may not have heard this, but it's all over the british radio on my way to work this morning, (and all over the TV last night)...

Seems that "Asian Terrorist" that was shot dead on friday was actually a brazillian electrician, working legitimatly inside of this country...

Oh dear oh dear...
what a mistake to make!

root said:
OK...

I gues this is more for you americans who may not have heard this, but it's all over the british radio on my way to work this morning, (and all over the TV last night)...

Seems that "Asian Terrorist" that was shot dead on friday was actually a brazillian electrician, working legitimatly inside of this country...

Oh dear oh dear...
what a mistake to make!
I wholeheartedly agree, now his family is looking to sue Scotland Yard, I don't blame them, but they are very poor, will they have the muscle, [& the money in case they lose?]
I'm not on the side of the police, even though I am an ex-cop, but the situation is tense, & he did make a run for it, add the fact that the armed police are hyped up, but that still doesn't excuse them standing over him, & shooting him five times in the head, if they needed to shoot at all, why not one shot?
The officers have been taken of armed duties, & rightly so, I feel very strongly about this, ironically, where he comes from in Brazil, 600 citizens are shot dead by police each year.
I think that if the case comes to court, British people should unite, & send money to his family, even if they win their case, the cash will help them give him a good funeral at least.
I think that most of you know my high principles by now, I felt that I had to say something in this horrific case.

Maurice

I heard on the news yesterday that the tactic that they are using is the shoot to kill tactic, which is 5 shots in the head. thats what was on the bbc news (i think) yesterday or a couple of days ago.

about him being shot, he run after being challanged by the police, onto a tube train, a couple of weeks after bombs went off on tube trains, and the day after the failed bombings. in my opinion, if the police had not done anything, and he was a bomber, then people would be outraged at that. its a no win situation for the police...

taking it into a personal perspective, if i was the policeman there, i would have fired. esp after he run from where he was challanged onto a tube train. yes, its a horrible mistake to make, but he shouldnt have run, or if he had run, shouldnt have run onto a tube train.

mark thorpe said:
I heard on the news yesterday that the tactic that they are using is the shoot to kill tactic, which is 5 shots in the head. thats what was on the bbc news (i think) yesterday or a couple of days ago.

about him being shot, he run after being challanged by the police, onto a tube train, a couple of weeks after bombs went off on tube trains, and the day after the failed bombings. in my opinion, if the police had not done anything, and he was a bomber, then people would be outraged at that. its a no win situation for the police...

taking it into a personal perspective, if i was the policeman there, i would have fired. esp after he run from where he was challanged onto a tube train. yes, its a horrible mistake to make, but he shouldnt have run, or if he had run, shouldnt have run onto a tube train.
Iagree with 99.95% of what you say, but I haven't heard that the police say that five shots are mandatory, you're right though, I believe there is a shoot to kill policy, at present of course that could change, depending of the level of emergency, up til today, it's amber, the highest.

Maurice

99nasha said:
Police will always primarly aim for the chest. Not the head. (So my dad says)
Your dad's correct in one respect, but here, if they think the person is a suicide bomber, they're told to make it a head shot, in case he has an explosive belt on, which would kill the police & nearby innocent people, tell your dad that,, he'll understand.

Maurice

Back
Top Bottom