Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-22-2005, 11:26 AM   #11
Daemon Poster
 
Starr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 926
Send a message via AIM to Starr Send a message via MSN to Starr
Default Re: More bomb attacks in London

They just released the pictures of four suspects.
__________________

__________________
AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Venice Core, MSI K8N Neo-4, 2x 512 Corsair Dual Channel, Nvidia Geforce fx 6600 256MB, 160GB HardDrive

Windows Vista Business Edition

"There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who know binary and those who don't."
Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 07:25 PM   #12
In Runtime
 
SirVal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 385
Send a message via MSN to SirVal
Default Re: More bomb attacks in London

It brings a dark light over my mood whenever I think about how the world has fallen into this corrupt state. Why must these people act with such cowardice, my thoughts go out to future generations, if this is what we are faced with, what's in store for them?
Gods Speed everyone
__________________

__________________
My Setup -

AMD 64 3200 +, 256 mb Geforce 6600, 1GB PC3200 DDR400 RAM, 160GB SATA 7200RPM HDD
SirVal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 07:31 PM   #13
per
BSOD
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 805
Default Re: More bomb attacks in London

Hi Seti. Sounds like you miss the frontline action. Just an observation.
per is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 05:51 AM   #14
Site Team
 
root's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 8,006
Default Re: More bomb attacks in London

OK...


I gues this is more for you americans who may not have heard this, but it's all over the british radio on my way to work this morning, (and all over the TV last night)...

Seems that "Asian Terrorist" that was shot dead on friday was actually a brazillian electrician, working legitimatly inside of this country...

Oh dear oh dear...
what a mistake to make!
__________________
I didn’t fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian…
Im sick of people saying 'dont waste paper'. If trees wanted to live, they'd all carry guns.
"The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of blessings; The inherent vice of socialism is the equal sharing of miseries."
root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 06:31 AM   #15
Golden Master
 
Brookfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 10,056
Default Re: More bomb attacks in London

Quote:
Originally Posted by root
OK...


I gues this is more for you americans who may not have heard this, but it's all over the british radio on my way to work this morning, (and all over the TV last night)...

Seems that "Asian Terrorist" that was shot dead on friday was actually a brazillian electrician, working legitimatly inside of this country...

Oh dear oh dear...
what a mistake to make!
I wholeheartedly agree, now his family is looking to sue Scotland Yard, I don't blame them, but they are very poor, will they have the muscle, [& the money in case they lose?]
I'm not on the side of the police, even though I am an ex-cop, but the situation is tense, & he did make a run for it, add the fact that the armed police are hyped up, but that still doesn't excuse them standing over him, & shooting him five times in the head, if they needed to shoot at all, why not one shot?
The officers have been taken of armed duties, & rightly so, I feel very strongly about this, ironically, where he comes from in Brazil, 600 citizens are shot dead by police each year.
I think that if the case comes to court, British people should unite, & send money to his family, even if they win their case, the cash will help them give him a good funeral at least.
I think that most of you know my high principles by now, I felt that I had to say something in this horrific case.

Maurice
Brookfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 10:34 AM   #16
Golden Master
 
mark thorpe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 7,366
Send a message via MSN to mark thorpe Send a message via Yahoo to mark thorpe
Default Re: More bomb attacks in London

I heard on the news yesterday that the tactic that they are using is the shoot to kill tactic, which is 5 shots in the head. thats what was on the bbc news (i think) yesterday or a couple of days ago.

about him being shot, he run after being challanged by the police, onto a tube train, a couple of weeks after bombs went off on tube trains, and the day after the failed bombings. in my opinion, if the police had not done anything, and he was a bomber, then people would be outraged at that. its a no win situation for the police...

taking it into a personal perspective, if i was the policeman there, i would have fired. esp after he run from where he was challanged onto a tube train. yes, its a horrible mistake to make, but he shouldnt have run, or if he had run, shouldnt have run onto a tube train.
__________________
'I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.'

Winston Churchill, 11/30/1874 - 01/24/1965
mark thorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 10:45 AM   #17
Fully Optimized
 
99nasha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 2,995
Default

Police will always primarly aim for the chest. Not the head. (So my dad says)
99nasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 11:10 AM   #18
Golden Master
 
Brookfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 10,056
Default Re: More bomb attacks in London

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark thorpe
I heard on the news yesterday that the tactic that they are using is the shoot to kill tactic, which is 5 shots in the head. thats what was on the bbc news (i think) yesterday or a couple of days ago.

about him being shot, he run after being challanged by the police, onto a tube train, a couple of weeks after bombs went off on tube trains, and the day after the failed bombings. in my opinion, if the police had not done anything, and he was a bomber, then people would be outraged at that. its a no win situation for the police...

taking it into a personal perspective, if i was the policeman there, i would have fired. esp after he run from where he was challanged onto a tube train. yes, its a horrible mistake to make, but he shouldnt have run, or if he had run, shouldnt have run onto a tube train.
Iagree with 99.95% of what you say, but I haven't heard that the police say that five shots are mandatory, you're right though, I believe there is a shoot to kill policy, at present of course that could change, depending of the level of emergency, up til today, it's amber, the highest.

Maurice
Brookfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 11:17 AM   #19
Golden Master
 
Brookfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 10,056
Default Re: More bomb attacks in London

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99nasha
Police will always primarly aim for the chest. Not the head. (So my dad says)
Your dad's correct in one respect, but here, if they think the person is a suicide bomber, they're told to make it a head shot, in case he has an explosive belt on, which would kill the police & nearby innocent people, tell your dad that,, he'll understand.

Maurice
Brookfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 11:23 AM   #20
Fully Optimized
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 3,275
Send a message via ICQ to DJ Stephen Send a message via AIM to DJ Stephen Send a message via MSN to DJ Stephen Send a message via Yahoo to DJ Stephen
Default Re: More bomb attacks in London

Guess what guys, the second suspect has been caught, good news.
__________________

DJ Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0