Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 04-02-2008, 03:24 PM   #21
BSOD

Default Re: Is this morally wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illmatic View Post
I got into an accident today. Totally not my fault, thought (for real). The guy was staring somewhere not in front of him, and hit me. Should I make the other person pay for my damages even if I know the person has a low salary?

Their car had minimal damages.
I would I have no room in my heart to pay for others mistakes

Dark Night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 04:21 PM   #22
In Runtime

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanSensei View Post
Legally, Yes, He's liable for all damages done unto your vehicle. Granted your insurance rates will go up quite a bit, You do have other options. I think it really boils down to you to be honest. It's your discretion whether or not you want to put more of a financial burden on this individual or possibly work something else out with him.

It could go either way. I've been in your situation and I opted to just let them go as I know body work, But again, Only a decision you can make.

Good Luck.
really you should consider how much it will affect your insurance first. if it will cost you more in the long run with a higher insurance rate than just fix it yourself I would do it myself. also you could really screw this guy in the long run and basically make him unable to be able to afford driving. my crappy neighbor got hit by a teenage driver and sued with "injury problems" and now this girl will not be able to drive until she pays off the suit.
try pros and cons they never fail

My setup: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4000+, 2Gb A-data ddr800, MSI K9A2 CF 790X, MSI 2600XT T2D512EZ, Samsung DVD-RW, Ultra 500W PS Vseries, Maxtor 80Gb, Aspire Mid-tower case, Windows xp Home, Westinghouse 19" LCD
kostonbleeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 04:32 PM   #23
In Runtime

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostonbleeds View Post
really you should consider how much it will affect your insurance first. if it will cost you more in the long run with a higher insurance rate than just fix it yourself I would do it myself.
And, if Illmatic chooses to sue for damages, he needs to consider the court cost, which might not be awarded to him meaning he'd have to pay for that.
Datalyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 04:40 PM   #24
Site Team

Send a message via AIM to celegorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostonbleeds View Post
also you could really screw this guy in the long run and basically make him unable to be able to afford driving
That might not be a bad thing if he can't keep his eyes on the road though.

Team Thelegorm! Total Kills: 21 (i iz in uor profile, editsing your sigz)
celegorm is offline   Reply With Quote