Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Join Computer forums Today

Old 12-31-2012, 10:59 PM   #1
Wizard of Wires
Default A moment for reflection

As we stand on the brink of a new year let us take a moment and reflect on the past 365 days and look forward to the next.
I have been fortunate to have gotten back to work in the job I really love, the hospitality industry. Specifically working in and running hotels. I had a not so good incident that landed me on the street when a hotel I worked at was taken over by the bank that held the note. Seems the old lady in charge was embezzling the money from the property. I was sent down to find out how and how much. My report fell on deaf ears and the crew was abandoned by the ones buying the property. I was the only one that didn't have a plan B so I wound up living in shelters and sometimes sleeping on the street. It was not a pleasant experience. One I have no intent of repeating.
I made my way back to my home town and for a bit it seemed to be going OK. I finally ran in to a fellow I had worked for before and he put me right back to work like nothing had happened. From Jacksonville Fla to Houma La he moved me around where they needed a knowledgeable experienced person. And I went without question being grateful for a roof over my head and food in my tummy. And the paychecks were nice too.
All of this, good and bad, has lead me down a road that, for now, has ended in being back in the drivers seat. Manager. Doing forensic audits where I am needed. Supervising others. Giving them the benefit of 30 years in the trade.
I have enjoyed all of my life, good and bad. In retrospect, I wouldn't have missed it for the world.
But now with a new year looming ahead, just mear minutes away, I renew my commitment to doing the best that I can. To being a better boss and mentor. To sharing my knowledge and experiences.
To be a better all around person.

Brother Dave, a southern stand up comic from years past put it in a way that while trying to funny, is so profound: "Everything you have done in your life has lead you to this moment. And there it goes..."
Have a wonderful new year. Be proud of who you are. Be happy.

setishock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:22 PM   #2
Golden Master
Send a message via Skype™ to BK_123
Default Re: A moment for reflection

Well Seti I am glad that you found that your feet again after a rough period for you..

As to how I reflect on 2012 well for me it was getting really good results for year 11 at college and completing my Certificate 2 in Information Technology and then for 2013 getting my Certificate 3 in Information Technology, I think that 2012 was a messy year with a series of events ranging from horrible shootings and natural disasters to some historic events, Now that 2012 has been and gone I hope that 2013 has some great challenges and opportunity's in store for us all..
See all my PC spec's here https://bit.ly/1lWAJhz
BK_123 is online now   Reply With Quote