The Moment my Car Reaches 400,000 KM (250,000 miles)

That sure is a lot of KMs. I bought my 2003 Ford Taurus with 83K back in 2008. Now it's over 93K in 2015. :lol:

Wow how many miles do you do a year?

What time of day was that I noticed it is 17.5c?

I'll have to make a calculation for that... hmm...

I bought it with ~220k KM (~137k miles) on the clock around in the beginning of 2010. 250k miles - 137k miles = 113k miles, divided by 4 (the number of years I owned it) = ~28,250 miles a year. Doesn't look like much. In KM it is ~45,200 a year.

It was around 8am that time, if my RAM serves me right. That day was exceptional here actually. Such temps we only have like a week or so a year. Average winter days are like 20C-30C (min.-max.).

That sure is a lot of KMs. I bought my 2003 Ford Taurus with 83K back in 2008. Now it's over 93K in 2015. :lol:

Do you come back from your errands on reverse or something? :D You know, the mileage goes back after getting consumed :)

I actually tried it on my car's mechanical mileage counter. I once missed a mileage count I wanted to catch on camera by a hair, so I went on reverse and it got back :)

I drive a lot. Taking my sisters to their schools every day plus going to work in the 70km (~44 miles) away next city. Not to mention taking the family out on weekends.

Goodness, your car works great for so much time. :)

It does have a minor engine oil leak that I need to fix tho :)

I think it is coming from the crank case. I hope it is not the head gasket.

Last edited:
As to the oil leak it is usually the loose bolts on oil pan, valve covers, etc. Retighten 'em.

I replaced/checked on those a while back. I'll double check.

Edit:
The timing cover. I meant the timing cover not the crank case. Crank case? Where did I get that from?

Last edited:
Seeing that many miles, worn seals are a possibility. If you think the oil leak is from the timing cover it may be the front seal.

I replaced the front seal too. If it is leaking, then the mechanic did not do the job right. It could also be the timing cover gasket below the seal.

The head gasket seems to be the original. If so, then on this mileage there is no surprise the timing cover gasket is leaking.

I'll have to check that thoroughly.

First thing to do is to locate the source of the leak. Power wash your engine and then look for fresh oil spot.

The last thing you want to do is mess with the head gasket. That's a major job so hope it isn't where the leak's from.

Also look at your oil sending unit, they can leak too.

Back
Top Bottom