Mom Dies Attempting to Win a Wii

lhuser said:
Although, I think it's time to have better filters in our water systems. You don't know what you're consuming more than water.

Maybe in america, but if I'm not mistaken canada has the second best water quality in the world.

whilst I don't have the inclination to do it... perhaps someone can link to exactly what water poisioning is...

it's nothing to do with lead or arsnic or anything else like that.

it's to do with the volume of water that you drink.

if you just drink water all the time, (and drink enough of it) it waters down the electrolytes that are usually in the body, (i.e you pee more and loose more electrolytes, even if you don't pee your bladder is still filling.

water poisioning is when you loose so many electrolytes that your brain can no longer effectivly work properly.

Peoples bodys are different and can handle different things better/worse I guess lol

DJ-CHRIS said:
I have drank more water than that girl did on their

Yeah, but were you holding it in your bladder? That was the whole point of the contest. To see who could hold their pee in for the longest.

I've done a gallon+ in under an hour perfectly fine.

From what I heard she did about .5 of a gallon in the time given. Thats not very much, she went to far its her fault and no one elses. Hell water intxociation is not normally very deadly... Because well from what I heard her diet was strange too etc she was unhealthly to begin with. Radio station shouldn't get sued, she got unlucky and thats the plain simple truth of it.

If I was the president of that radio station and you tried to sue me i'd refuse to pay. In fact before i'd pay i'd go to jail. Simply because its a frivlous law suit. SHE DIED OF DRINKING TOO MUCH WATER. I mean come on, how common is that?

Mistakes happen, get over it.

Nik00117 said:
You sure it was a gallon? An American gallon is less than a British gallon IIRC.

Nik00117 said:
From what I heard she did about .5 of a gallon in the time given. Thats not very much, she went to far its her fault and no one elses ... Radio station shouldn't get sued, she got unlucky and thats the plain simple truth of it.
The radio station should have had more sense. Water intoxication does kill, as we've proved. In any case, American compensation culture means you could sue for the radio station having the water from the tap rather from the supermarket, sue them for losing the competition, sue them for not having doctors on standby, sue them for you not being able to cope physically...

The Wii is cheap, and it's not too long before Nintendo sort out the supply shortages anyway, even within the coming weeks. The competition was irresponsible, dangerous, and pathetic. Hell, one could argue you could sue Nintendo for giving the thing such a stupid name, leading to such a stupid competition and thus a stupid, unnecessary death of a mother.

Nik00117 said:
If I was the president of that radio station and you tried to sue me i'd refuse to pay.
That's just you being an arsebandit, as usual. You'd pay up if the courts ruled against you. And, if you decided not to, you'd be off to jail, released, and ordered again to pay up.

Nik0017 said:
In fact before i'd pay i'd go to jail. Simply because its a frivlous law suit. SHE DIED OF DRINKING TOO MUCH WATER. I mean come on, how common is that?
Not that common, but then again neither is smallpox. It's deadly as well.

Steff said:
radio station still should have some kind of law suit against them
Why?

She drank the water, she didn't have to. Lets sue the water company while we are at it and make another quick buck for the lawyers :rolleyes: Thats whats wrong with the world.

Nik00117 said:
yeah probably while working out, this chick was drivin her car, not sweating/using anything in the water, just consuming it
and my friend drinks 8 bottles of water during school everyday, its just a matter of different people

Back
Top Bottom