Mod Review: Brookfield

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this comes off as flaming Brookfield, that's not what I meant. I'm just providing criticism so he can improve his skills. I respect Brookfield and am not trying to flame or attack.

I think Brookfield is a nice guy and doesn't put up with any nonsense. He does step over the line more often than should be tolerated, the double posting should stop (we have an edit button, as well as a multi quote feature) and I do think that the mods here should know about computers but the moderating is done which is what matters. He's also a bit too strict at times and does over exaggerate some things. He does an alright job moderating but does need a little bit of improvement, it seems he lets his personal opinions dictate his moderating decisions and cause him to override the rules. I do think he ignores the rules too often, it seems he has a lot of double posts and he has stepped over the lines (once called a member an idiot but nothing was done about it, not even an apology). Like I said, he's a nice guy and I highly respect him but I think his moderating skills need a tune up.

I rate him 7/10

OK, I won't post the flaws I see in him. He knows what I like, and what I don't. Plus if I say any of his faults on here, it looks unprofessional, and we don't need any more of that on these forums.

That said, Maurice is a great person. If you need something done, or something answered, you know he will do it. He is probally one of the most dedicated staff members here. And while I don't always agree with him, it is nice to know that I can count on his support when I need it.

OK, I won't post the flaws I see in him. He knows what I like, and what I don't. Plus if I say any of his faults on here, it looks unprofessional, and we don't need any more of that on these forums.

That said, Maurice is a great person. If you need something done, or something answered, you know he will do it. He is probally one of the most dedicated staff members here. And while I don't always agree with him, it is nice to know that I can count on his support when I need it.

That is a good way to put it. Except be careful of what you ask of him.

I'll take my long a** review somewhere else.

So let's see...what is this? We're reviewing mods? Looks like some people needs attention :p j/k

Maurice's nice. He's friendly and can go in a nice chat, and he sure won't hide what he has in mind. His only problem would be that he can sometimes look at a thing the wrong wa we thought.

I don't visit this forum on a daily basis specifically because Brookfield mods this place. From just reading the guys posts my first impression is that hes a grumpy old man who thinks hes better than everyone else.

To grade him on his moderating abilities, he gets an F-. He mis-interprets half the posts people make and labels them as non constructive, too fast on the ban stick, locks too many threads, and doesn't use correct grammar EVER( I feel like I need to send him a high school edition English book and show him where periods are supposed to be placed). He overly uses the friggen smiley faces which gets increasingly annoying, double posts, doesn't adhere to his own rules or the board rules, takes what people say on the internet "to heart" which causes much drama, etc etc. I can go on and on. Like someone else said, he needs to step off his high horse. His mod privledges need to be taken away and reevaluated. He should be a regular member of this forum so he can sit back, take a chill pill, and learn that he's just a regular member.

I know this is a "mod" review post but i have other input. This forum lacks personality because the rules are too strict here etc. People read the social lounge and all they see are mods screaming at each other, mods on power trips and two day old posts still on the first page. They say to themselves to "to hell with this forum" and go somewhere else. This is a FORUM, anything should go. Take notes from hardforum.com .

Brookfield is now complaining that posts criticising him are against the rules, or unhelpful, or such like.

This makes a mockery of the entire review process and only serves to reinforce my points about him.

Just to remind everyone, three mods have talked and agreed to keep ATS's post.

I PMed you back. It was Mark I sent the PM to. He does agree with me here.

It IS off color, but it was his opinion and he has a right to express it.

Just to remind everyone, three mods have talked and agreed to keep ATS's post. It IS off color, but it was his opinion and he has a right to express it.
Straight up insulting not only Brookfield but also David is an opinion? What happened to "constructive criticism only?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom