Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 08-25-2005, 01:50 PM   #1
BSOD

Exclamation Mod Chip Thread Locked?!

David, why did you lock the thread concerning mod chips? I even posted how mod chips are legal. The whole point of them is so you can play copies of games that you own. Yes, pirated DVDs are illegal, but that was not the topic of the thread. Mod chips are legal to have if you use them in a legal manner.

The reason I'm getting so upset about this is because I see this kind of thing all the time. If there's a topic concerning something that COULD BE used illegally, people raise a shitstorm. Lots of things could be used illegally: lighters, books, rain, carpet, a pen, et cetera, et cetera. My point is that the thread should not have been locked just because mod chips could be used in an illegal manner. Maybe the thread starter wanted to keep his collection from getting scratched and damaged, so he would rather play copies instead. It's just an example. So to David and everyone else, please think before jumping on the illegality bandwagon; because I'm hiding right around the corner with my computer speaker to bludgeon you to death with it.

catalyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 01:51 PM   #2
Site Team

Default Re: Mod Chip Thread Locked?!

Because the user wanted to chip their ps2 to play pirated dvds which is illegal and I would get in trouble for it being on my web site.

Old 08-25-2005, 01:53 PM   #3
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to Mental Liberator

No he said he wanted to play burnt DVDs. You can burn a copy of something you already own and play it, it's legal.
Old 08-25-2005, 02:27 PM   #4
BSOD

Send a message via AIM to BobTheLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by spank_fusion
David, why did you lock the thread concerning mod chips? I even posted how mod chips are legal. The whole point of them is so you can play copies of games that you own. Yes, pirated DVDs are illegal, but that was not the topic of the thread. Mod chips are legal to have if you use them in a legal manner.

The reason I'm getting so upset about this is because I see this kind of thing all the time. If there's a topic concerning something that COULD BE used illegally, people raise a shitstorm. Lots of things could be used illegally: lighters, books, rain, carpet, a pen, et cetera, et cetera. My point is that the thread should not have been locked just because mod chips could be used in an illegal manner. Maybe the thread starter wanted to keep his collection from getting scratched and damaged, so he would rather play copies instead. It's just an example. So to David and everyone else, please think before jumping on the illegality bandwagon; because I'm hiding right around the corner with my computer speaker to bludgeon you to death with it.
Owned.
BobTheLOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 02:34 PM   #5
Fully Optimized

I sit on the fence on this one...
99nasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 02:37 PM   #6
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to jac006

I second that, bro.
Old 08-25-2005, 02:42 PM   #7
BSOD

Send a message via ICQ to MarxSoccer Send a message via AIM to MarxSoccer Send a message via MSN to MarxSoccer Send a message via Yahoo to MarxSoccer

Maybe just edit whoevers post, that had the remark you thought was a little sketchy, instead of locking the whole topic?
MarxSoccer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 04:32 PM   #8
Wizard of Wires

The admin/owner has the right to edit any post or remove it as he/she sees fit. If in this case David has a concern with a subject matter becomming a legal matter he is well within his rights as the admin/owner to edit or remove the post.
setishock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 04:37 PM   #9
Fully Optimized

The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission, burnt Sony's butt in court over the consumers right to have a mod chip in their PS1 & PS2's. So they're legal in Australia as well.

First part...

http://www.accc.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/87974

Second part...

http://www.accc.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/88133

Go to go and start packing my bags, see ya...
Old 08-25-2005, 07:29 PM   #10
BSOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by setishock
The admin/owner has the right to edit any post or remove it as he/she sees fit. If in this case David has a concern with a subject matter becomming a legal matter he is well within his rights as the admin/owner to edit or remove the post.
I understand that David can do what he did. I'm not arguing that. I'm just questioning the reason.

catalyst is offline   Reply With Quote