Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-22-2014, 09:10 AM   #31
muz
Golden Master
 
muz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 6,928
Default Re: Missing Plane

more than 80 parameters are recorded by a black box , from things as simple as the time to detailed information about the engines status . It really is the key to finding out exactly what happened in the flight deck

Besides what does the information it records have to do with how long it can last under water ?
__________________

__________________
Desktop-AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+-2GB Elixer DDR2 800 250gb+500gb+500gb+120gb
Laptop-Apple Macbook Pro 13" Intel core i5(2.3ghz) 4gb Ram 320gb hard drive
muz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 09:15 AM   #32
Daemon Poster
 
YoungIT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 661
Default Re: Missing Plane

Quote:
Originally Posted by muz View Post
more than 80 parameters are recorded by a black box , from things as simple as the time to detailed information about the engines status . It really is the key to finding out exactly what happened in the flight deck

Besides what does the information it records have to do with how long it can last under water ?
I didn't say it had anything to do with how long it can last. You said the black box sends out a signal. It takes 30 days for that battery to die, that's what I was meaning
__________________

__________________
"Difficulties mastered are opportunities won" -Sir Winston S. Churchill
YoungIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 09:23 AM   #33
muz
Golden Master
 
muz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 6,928
Default Re: Missing Plane

ahh i see , yer so they've got a few more weeks left before the search for the FDR really does become potentially very difficult . Assuming the plane has gone down in the sea .

that battery doesn't have anything to do with the recorded information . the data on a FDR could still be recoverable some years after the crash even if its been underwater for that long . Its just that the signal which aids in finding the box will die after approx 30 days making it all the more difficult to find .
__________________
Desktop-AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+-2GB Elixer DDR2 800 250gb+500gb+500gb+120gb
Laptop-Apple Macbook Pro 13" Intel core i5(2.3ghz) 4gb Ram 320gb hard drive
muz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 05:15 PM   #34
Daemon Poster
 
YoungIT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 661
Default Re: Missing Plane

Quote:
Originally Posted by muz View Post
ahh i see , yer so they've got a few more weeks left before the search for the FDR really does become potentially very difficult . Assuming the plane has gone down in the sea .

that battery doesn't have anything to do with the recorded information . the data on a FDR could still be recoverable some years after the crash even if its been underwater for that long . Its just that the signal which aids in finding the box will die after approx 30 days making it all the more difficult to find .
I know it doesn't have anything to do with the recorded info
__________________
"Difficulties mastered are opportunities won" -Sir Winston S. Churchill
YoungIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 07:46 PM   #35
muz
Golden Master
 
muz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 6,928
Default Re: Missing Plane

at least you know something about the FDR then
__________________
Desktop-AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+-2GB Elixer DDR2 800 250gb+500gb+500gb+120gb
Laptop-Apple Macbook Pro 13" Intel core i5(2.3ghz) 4gb Ram 320gb hard drive
muz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 08:17 PM   #36
Daemon Poster
 
YoungIT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 661
Default Re: Missing Plane

Quote:
Originally Posted by muz View Post
at least you know something about the FDR then
As a matter of fact I do, it's also called the ADR, or Accident Data Recorder
__________________
"Difficulties mastered are opportunities won" -Sir Winston S. Churchill
YoungIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 08:21 PM   #37
muz
Golden Master
 
muz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 6,928
Default Re: Missing Plane

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungIT View Post
As a matter of fact I do, it's also called the ADR, or Accident Data Recorder
very good , read the rest of the Wikipedia article I imagine it will tell you exactly what it records and how durable it actually is so you know in future instead of making wild guesses
__________________
Desktop-AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+-2GB Elixer DDR2 800 250gb+500gb+500gb+120gb
Laptop-Apple Macbook Pro 13" Intel core i5(2.3ghz) 4gb Ram 320gb hard drive
muz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 08:25 PM   #38
Daemon Poster
 
YoungIT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 661
Default Re: Missing Plane

Quote:
Originally Posted by muz View Post
very good , read the rest of the Wikipedia article I imagine it will tell you exactly what it records and how durable it actually is so you know in future instead of making wild guesses
Hmmm.... Didn't read a Wiki article, I don't trust Wikipedia
__________________
"Difficulties mastered are opportunities won" -Sir Winston S. Churchill
YoungIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 08:36 PM   #39
muz
Golden Master
 
muz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 6,928
Default Re: Missing Plane

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungIT View Post
Hmmm.... Didn't read a Wiki article, I don't trust Wikipedia
well wherever it is you learned that the FDR can only withstand 2 weeks underwater , and that it only records flight path and pilot's voices is even less credible a source than Wikipedia which is astounding .
__________________
Desktop-AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+-2GB Elixer DDR2 800 250gb+500gb+500gb+120gb
Laptop-Apple Macbook Pro 13" Intel core i5(2.3ghz) 4gb Ram 320gb hard drive
muz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 08:41 PM   #40
Daemon Poster
 
YoungIT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 661
Default Re: Missing Plane

Quote:
Originally Posted by muz View Post
well wherever it is you learned that the FDR can only withstand 2 weeks underwater , and that it only records flight path and pilot's voices is even less credible a source than Wikipedia which is astounding .
The reason I said that was because the local news said they have two weeks to find the FDR which I assumed it meant it would be basically destroyed in two weeks. And Wikipedia is anything but "astounding". Anyone can post anything they want
__________________

__________________
"Difficulties mastered are opportunities won" -Sir Winston S. Churchill
YoungIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0