Missing link found

Because that's the way religion works.

To me I think some christian have little faith in god so that is why they aggressively argue with atheists. If you say I'm stupid, it wouldn't illicit any emotional response from me because I know I'm not. I wouldn't argue with you that I'm not stupid because it is a waste of time. For some Christians, telling them that god doesn't exist will pissed them off and I think it is because they are not 100% confident in their faith.

To me I think some christian have little faith in god so that is why they aggressively argue with atheists. If you say I'm stupid, it wouldn't illicit any emotional response from me because I know I'm not. I wouldn't argue with you that I'm not stupid because it is a waste of time. For some Christians, telling them that god doesn't exist will pissed them off and I think it is because they are not 100% confident in their faith.

Well I'm a polytheist and I do have SOME faith in God but not complete faith. And believing in more than one "god" and being partially agnostic, I don't always argue on the side of Christians and sometimes, I will pick different parts of sides or even go completely against what Christianity. And I believe this helps me to not have to aggressively defend my faith.

completely agree with the above.

I'm not religious, I'd like to believe in a higher being, but can't find proof enough. and can't bring myself to believe in fairy tales.

religious books are all very well for conveying messages of moral, (good Samaritan, Wisdom of king Solomon, etc).
but I don't think that these stories are anything more than that. they don't make me believe in some bearded dude in the sky, any more than they make me believe in Allah or Krishna.

Ok can we keep this on pro and con evolution. Not religion.. I think it is pretty clear that we can not agree on religion. So we agree to disagree, but please have respect for the people that disagree with you. There is no reason we can't disagree and be civil.

I mean posting nothing but an image:
1239767821_l.jpg

Is just uncalled for, there is no reason to post that image in this thread.

Again this is an evolution theory thread. Just because God is the widely thought "opposite" to it. Does not mean you come to knock religion and post nothing on the subject of evolution. I have and keep my respect for each and every one of you. I only ask you attempt to do the same.

Now on topic, does anyone have pictures of these claimed fossils in order? I would love to see them.
But what I think happens with the evolution theory is they get messed up monkeys and humans and say they are related. Let me explain.. You agree that no human is exactly the same as another? Correct?
You agree that some humans are deformed in the womb and are structured really different from "regular" humans?
I believe that the they are getting the fossils of these humans and monkeys and comparing them. Misleading the whole thing. But if you think about it.. It makes sense that they would get fossils from the monkeys that could not fend for themselves. Because they where malformed they would then die of starvation. Usually with out being attacked and then the body decomposes. Leaving bones to create a perfect fossil. If there is such a thing...

I have no proof of this theory it is just my thoughts.

I mean posting nothing but an image:
1239767821_l.jpg

Is just uncalled for, there is no reason to post that image in this thread.

It wasnt really uncalled for. It was posted because religon has caused so many arugments, hate and war all because someone thinks they know which one is right or they think there killing for a higher purpose. In some aspects it can be said that If 'religon' did not exist, alot of lives would be saved.

It wasnt really uncalled for. It was posted because religon has caused so many arugments, hate and war all because someone thinks they know which one is right or they think there killing for a higher purpose. In some aspects it can be said that If 'religon' did not exist, alot of lives would be saved.

So you are saying posting a image and only an image (in a single post). WAS called for? Especially when the topic is evolution and the image is about religion? I think not.. You know what the topic is about and you know what the image is. You clearly understand what the Image means, you used it at the wrong time in the wrong thread. Topic is evolution.

When you talk about evolution, religion is going to come up. As long as there is religion, there will be war and hate. The whole world can't "agree to disagree" like we do.

Back
Top Bottom