Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-20-2009, 05:09 PM   #31
Site Team
 
David Lindon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 15,233
Default Re: Missing link found

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampist View Post
That's cool and all.. But I mean it JUST looks like a monkey. I don't see any part of it that makes me think. "OH SNAP! HUMAN!"
Yeah I agree, it just looks like a money ape thing to me
__________________

__________________
[url=http://www.LNXPS.NET]LNXPS.NET - The XPS Library]
David Lindon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 05:10 PM   #32
In Runtime
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 129
Default Re: Missing link found

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63083 View Post
Because that's the way religion works.
To me I think some christian have little faith in god so that is why they aggressively argue with atheists. If you say I'm stupid, it wouldn't illicit any emotional response from me because I know I'm not. I wouldn't argue with you that I'm not stupid because it is a waste of time. For some Christians, telling them that god doesn't exist will pissed them off and I think it is because they are not 100% confident in their faith.
__________________

david90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 05:14 PM   #33
Fully Optimized
 
63083's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,129
Default Re: Missing link found

Quote:
Originally Posted by david90 View Post
To me I think some christian have little faith in god so that is why they aggressively argue with atheists. If you say I'm stupid, it wouldn't illicit any emotional response from me because I know I'm not. I wouldn't argue with you that I'm not stupid because it is a waste of time. For some Christians, telling them that god doesn't exist will pissed them off and I think it is because they are not 100% confident in their faith.
Well I'm a polytheist and I do have SOME faith in God but not complete faith. And believing in more than one "god" and being partially agnostic, I don't always argue on the side of Christians and sometimes, I will pick different parts of sides or even go completely against what Christianity. And I believe this helps me to not have to aggressively defend my faith.
__________________
XPEX Vortex 3620 Mid Tower, Rosewill 450 Watt PSU, MSI P6N SLI Platinum 650i, Intel Celeron D 356, 2GB G.SKILL DDR2 800, Western Digital 40GB, (2) EVGA 7950GT 256MB Video Cards in SLI, HP DVD Multi-Burner, Windows XP.
63083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 04:26 AM   #34
Site Team
 
root's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 8,007
Default Re: Missing link found

completely agree with the above.

I'm not religious, I'd like to believe in a higher being, but can't find proof enough. and can't bring myself to believe in fairy tales.

religious books are all very well for conveying messages of moral, (good Samaritan, Wisdom of king Solomon, etc).
but I don't think that these stories are anything more than that. they don't make me believe in some bearded dude in the sky, any more than they make me believe in Allah or Krishna.
__________________
I didn’t fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian…
Im sick of people saying 'dont waste paper'. If trees wanted to live, they'd all carry guns.
"The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of blessings; The inherent vice of socialism is the equal sharing of miseries."
root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 03:06 PM   #35
Fully Optimized
 
vampist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 2,404
Default Re: Missing link found

Ok can we keep this on pro and con evolution. Not religion.. I think it is pretty clear that we can not agree on religion. So we agree to disagree, but please have respect for the people that disagree with you. There is no reason we can't disagree and be civil.

I mean posting nothing but an image:


Is just uncalled for, there is no reason to post that image in this thread.


Again this is an evolution theory thread. Just because God is the widely thought "opposite" to it. Does not mean you come to knock religion and post nothing on the subject of evolution. I have and keep my respect for each and every one of you. I only ask you attempt to do the same.


Now on topic, does anyone have pictures of these claimed fossils in order? I would love to see them.
But what I think happens with the evolution theory is they get messed up monkeys and humans and say they are related. Let me explain.. You agree that no human is exactly the same as another? Correct?
You agree that some humans are deformed in the womb and are structured really different from "regular" humans?
I believe that the they are getting the fossils of these humans and monkeys and comparing them. Misleading the whole thing. But if you think about it.. It makes sense that they would get fossils from the monkeys that could not fend for themselves. Because they where malformed they would then die of starvation. Usually with out being attacked and then the body decomposes. Leaving bones to create a perfect fossil. If there is such a thing...

I have no proof of this theory it is just my thoughts.
vampist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 03:23 PM   #36
Fully Optimized
 
Prodigy146's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,751
Send a message via AIM to Prodigy146 Send a message via MSN to Prodigy146 Send a message via Yahoo to Prodigy146
Default Re: Missing link found

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampist View Post
I mean posting nothing but an image:


Is just uncalled for, there is no reason to post that image in this thread.
It wasnt really uncalled for. It was posted because religon has caused so many arugments, hate and war all because someone thinks they know which one is right or they think there killing for a higher purpose. In some aspects it can be said that If 'religon' did not exist, alot of lives would be saved.
__________________
[Proc: Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3.6ghz] [Motherboard: Asus 870 M4A87TD EVO]
[GPU: Asus 5770 Crossfire] [PSU: Corsair 650 12v53a] [Cooler: Scythe Mugen 2]
[RAM: Patriot 4GB DDR3 1600] [Case: Antec 300 Illusion] [HDD: 2x WD 640GB Raid 0]
Prodigy146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 03:33 PM   #37
Fully Optimized
 
Holysky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,692
Default Re: Missing link found

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerDegenerate View Post
Missing link pictures revealed

Keep this friendly guys I really hope this doesn't turn into a religious flame war where people are arguing about creation or what not just showing the people who do believe in evolution.
to late

can't make one freaking thread w/o an argument about something. And this one was started by a MOD!!! Seriously...
__________________
Let's get this party started, I'm sick of begging you You make me dead inside which I give to you
Let's get this party started, You make me feel inside I want to be the one to make myself sane
Holysky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 04:56 PM   #38
Fully Optimized
 
vampist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 2,404
Default Re: Missing link found

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy146 View Post
It wasnt really uncalled for. It was posted because religon has caused so many arugments, hate and war all because someone thinks they know which one is right or they think there killing for a higher purpose. In some aspects it can be said that If 'religon' did not exist, alot of lives would be saved.
So you are saying posting a image and only an image (in a single post). WAS called for? Especially when the topic is evolution and the image is about religion? I think not.. You know what the topic is about and you know what the image is. You clearly understand what the Image means, you used it at the wrong time in the wrong thread. Topic is evolution.
vampist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 05:07 PM   #39
Fully Optimized
 
rohan23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,087
Default Re: Missing link found

When you talk about evolution, religion is going to come up. As long as there is religion, there will be war and hate. The whole world can't "agree to disagree" like we do.
__________________
Macook 13.3

2.13Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo-2GB DDR2 800 Mhz-500GB Western Digital Caviar Blue- Nvidia 9400M
rohan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 05:13 PM   #40
Fully Optimized
 
Prodigy146's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,751
Send a message via AIM to Prodigy146 Send a message via MSN to Prodigy146 Send a message via Yahoo to Prodigy146
Default Re: Missing link found

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampist View Post
So you are saying posting a image and only an image (in a single post). WAS called for?
Hey vampist whats the big deal with the image? do you have something against it?
__________________

__________________
[Proc: Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3.6ghz] [Motherboard: Asus 870 M4A87TD EVO]
[GPU: Asus 5770 Crossfire] [PSU: Corsair 650 12v53a] [Cooler: Scythe Mugen 2]
[RAM: Patriot 4GB DDR3 1600] [Case: Antec 300 Illusion] [HDD: 2x WD 640GB Raid 0]
Prodigy146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0