Mirrored, downloads? What is it or what does it mean??!!

geek_gal

Daemon Poster
Hi hi *waves*

This is bugging me, im feeling really geekish today *snorts* hehe :p
Maybe coz i was watching a geeky movie and thinking "ah thats so hot :p wish i could program and all "
>>command_>
IMAO!! *hides it stupidnes* :eek: lol anywho not the point im getting at at all..
/Off topic

What does "Mirrored" or "Mirroring" mean, not sure if thats the correct spelling or way to put it, does it have something to do with a download or something, like a copy...coz i still dont get it... gaggh!##!!!

Please help to a simple question.. im sure!

Thanks guyz :)

G.G
x.x.x

Yeah basically for instance, a site might not have enough bandwidth to download a file from, but will have a link to the file on another server around the world which has more bandwidth (sometimes many, i.e different country destinations)

So in other words its also redirecting people(also like the traffic) yea?

Ok then, thanks guys :)

[So simple ... :eek: woops]

A mirror does exactly what it says on the tin...

it mirrors, it holds an exact copy of the orignila file and allows downloading jobs to be outsourced to another server to save bandwidth...

also people using decent download clients, (like getright) can select main sources and mirrors in order to download a file faster.

Yeah! thats it what im also meaning and that, Getright, my bro showed me it and i d/l it and i fully get it, but now i do :) thank you!

root said:
A mirror does exactly what it says on the tin...

it mirrors, it holds an exact copy of the orignila file and allows downloading jobs to be outsourced to another server to save bandwidth...

Tin... :confused:

Also if you have a application like Download Accelerator it gets many mirrors of the software and downloads even quicker.

Root i might be %30 correct there, I know what im trying to say but its not coming out right, please can you correct me and say it technicaly correct.

Yeah i think i get ya, that "Download Accelerator"..i think..doesnt it come with it tho?

Also is Getright illegal? Like limewire, bearshare and torrents etc?

hang on isnt there Flashget...oh g0d im getting all confuzled now :s

Back
Top Bottom