Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 10-07-2010, 04:41 AM   #1
Golden Master

Default Minecraft

Ok so WTH is this game i heard about?

LOL

Old 10-07-2010, 05:34 AM   #2
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to FlightSimBoy
Default Re: Minecraft

Ahh, someone finally made a thread.

It's probably one of the most amazing games I've ever played.

During the day, it's a building/sandbox game. You can do whatever you want. Collect resources, build houses, craft materials and weapons, dig, and like the game says, mine. Literally whatever. During the night in the game, however, it's more of a survival game. These creepers come out and will kill you. There's giant spiders, skeletons with arrows, zombies and flaming zombies. Now, if you made a shelter during the day like you were supposed to, then you'd be fine.

The best part is exploring underground. If you get lucky, you'll come across a series of underground caverns that take literally hours to explore.

Here's a good series of videos if you want to watch.

My Computer: eMachines T5226 - Intel Pentium D Dual Core @ 3 GHz - Diamond Viper Radeon HD3870 OC Edition with 1 GB GDDR3 VRAM - 4 GB PQi Turbo DDR2-533 RAM - Corsair 650W PSU with 52A on single rail - TSSTcorp DVD-DL+-RW combo drive - Lite-on 52x CD-RW burner - Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi XtremeGamer - Logitech z5300e speakers - WinFast TV Tuner - Vista Ultimate 64-Bit. eBay name: Flightsimboy304
FlightSimBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 05:46 AM   #3
Golden Master

MAN, i think i maybe sick with minecraft fever...

i wasnt sure if this was a legit game, was a bit worried if it was a rip or something.

how much is this game in US Dollars?

Hows the Multilayer?

ugh. lol but i need to go to bed. no fun..
Old 10-07-2010, 01:04 PM   #4
Daemon Poster

Its about 13 USD.
Multiplayer is ok, better than before but still some glitches. Most servers I've seen have a max of 540 or so players, but I've seen 10-100.

If you start to plan a reallllly big project it might be helpful to draw it on graphing paper or lay it out with sand or gravel or some other cheap resource.

Toshiba Satellite | Core2Duo @ 2.0 ghz | 3gb ram | 250 gb hd | lolintelgma | Ubuntu 10.04
dudelewis1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 02:20 PM   #5
Fully Optimized

It was 16 USD when I came across it, I guess the currency values are all over the place these days. It was well worth it though.

I found a program called mineEdit. With that, you can go in and give yourself anything in the game you want (single player only.) It actually makes the game better. For example, the real life equivalent of surface mining, you give yourself bunches of TNT, and blow a mountain up.

This game provides hours and hours of fun. Of course, that is the only objective of the game. Have fun.
My Computer: eMachines T5226 - Intel Pentium D Dual Core @ 3 GHz - Diamond Viper Radeon HD3870 OC Edition with 1 GB GDDR3 VRAM - 4 GB PQi Turbo DDR2-533 RAM - Corsair 650W PSU with 52A on single rail - TSSTcorp DVD-DL+-RW combo drive - Lite-on 52x CD-RW burner - Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi XtremeGamer - Logitech z5300e speakers - WinFast TV Tuner - Vista Ultimate 64-Bit. eBay name: Flightsimboy304
Old 10-07-2010, 03:53 PM   #6
Golden Master

So if I buy it there not going to steel my bank info? Lol
Old 10-07-2010, 04:26 PM   #7
Fully Optimized

It's an actual legit game, man. If you're that worried about your bank info, use PayPal. Not perfect, but a lot more secure then using just your debit card or something.

Oh, and I messed around in multiplayer some. It's pretty cool seeing what other people have done, but you gotta watch out for the trolls. Like a YouTube troll, they can and will do whatever they can to try and ruin something.
Old 10-07-2010, 05:23 PM   #8
Golden Master

Trustworthy purchase? Cool.

Maybe ill get it an post some stuff.

Also hows the dying. / respawning work? When u die do u lose everything in survival mode.
Old 10-07-2010, 06:14 PM   #9
Daemon Poster

Yeah, all your stuff explodes out of you like the monster drops. If you die near the spawn point you can go pick them up before the objects despawn.

Toshiba Satellite | Core2Duo @ 2.0 ghz | 3gb ram | 250 gb hd | lolintelgma | Ubuntu 10.04
dudelewis1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 06:47 PM   #10
Golden Master

I only lose what I'm carrying right? Don't lose my house? Lol