Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 12-15-2006, 03:18 PM   #11
Wizard of Wires
 
setishock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Not sure
Posts: 10,030
Default Re: Military kids, and why they are better.

If I tickle you, do you not laugh?
If I prick you, do you not bleed?
You are no better than any other person on this planet.
You need to do an ego check Nik.
__________________

setishock is offline  
Old 12-15-2006, 03:21 PM   #12
Golden Master
 
alvino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 19,967
Send a message via AIM to alvino
Default Re: Military kids, and why they are better.

Haha, another good one. Very straightforward too.
__________________

alvino is offline  
Old 12-15-2006, 03:30 PM   #13
Beta Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1
Default Re: Military kids, and why they are better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik00117
Why military kids are better then Civilians.

This is a serious post from myself, based on why I believe kids raised in a military community are more mature, smarter etc then civilian students.

1. We see the world when most poeple haven't seen out of their state
2. We hear different languages, we see poeple from different countries interact on a daily basis. Just a lil fact, the bilingual rate among military kids is around 50% civilian its like 20%. Knowing two language is a huge help.
3. We didn't grow up cause we wanted too, we grew up cause we had to.
4. We have one of the best educate systems in the world, for well Teachers are movtiated getting paid double what the avg civilian gets paid.
5. We are raised by parents with a military background. In civilian school a lot of parents are weak minded. In military they aren't.
Weak minded:
1. having or showing a lack of mental firmness; irresolute; vacillating.
2. having or showing mental feebleness; foolish.

Notice number 2; foolish. The irony is almost unreal.
jm4232 is offline  
Old 12-15-2006, 03:35 PM   #14
Daemon Poster
 
cileskot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,352
Send a message via AIM to cileskot
Default Re: Military kids, and why they are better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by setishock
If I tickle you, do you not laugh?
If I prick you, do you not bleed?
You are no better than any other person on this planet.
You need to do an ego check Nik.
ya dude, seriously. just because military kids are forced to get better education and may be smarter in most cases, that does not make you better. can cant say a whole group of people is better than another people, you have to look at it by the individual. so basicly being smarter doesnt make you better.
__________________
Compaq Presario SR1750NX
AMD Athlon 64 3500 2.3Ghz
ATI Radeon 256mb
1.5gb Ram
19" Samsung LCD
cileskot is offline  
Old 12-15-2006, 03:42 PM   #15
Fully Optimized
 
Nik00117's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 4,025
Send a message via AIM to Nik00117 Send a message via MSN to Nik00117 Send a message via Yahoo to Nik00117
Default Re: Military kids, and why they are better.

Quote:
I have no idea whether you are right or wrong.

However, when it comes to learning other languages, I think you would do better to consentrate on English.

You're or you are, not your. They mean completely different things.
Pronouns have a capital.
I has a capital.
Civlians, unless at the start of a sentence, doesn't. (Ditto teachers)

This is not spelling, this is basic grammar, without a grasp of which it is impossible to make yourself intelligible in any language.

I may be being harsh, as I have no idea how old you are, though I am presuming you are quite young.

I am glad you enjoy your life, but I am less than impressed that you assume your upbringing has been superior to mine, or anyone else's.
Basic grammar granted, I suck at it this just shows what public education can produce eh? As well i've spent 9 out my 11 years in it.

Quote:
If I tickle you, do you not laugh?
If I prick you, do you not bleed?
You are no better than any other person on this planet.
You need to do an ego check Nik.
*checks ego
its in check, i'm no better then any other person thats right, however I do have more travel experience then heck a lot of adults, I have more experiences due to being a air force brat, and those will pay off later (my biggest point in this thread)

I promise you 90% of the poeple who have experienced the overseas military experience will say the kids that are raised in it, have an edge just because of the life experiences they have alone.
__________________
Main Rig: I7 920 CPU, 6 Gigs ram 5870 GPU
M17X Laptop 2.8 Ghz Dual Core, 4870 Radeon
Nik00117 is offline  
Old 12-15-2006, 03:55 PM   #16
Golden Master
 
mark thorpe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 7,366
Send a message via MSN to mark thorpe Send a message via Yahoo to mark thorpe
Default Re: Military kids, and why they are better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik00117
*checks ego
its in check, i'm no better then any other person thats right

the title...


Quote:
Military kids, and why they are better.

so your not any better than anyone else, but your a military kid, and your better..

umm, wtf??




also.. so you say you are in the best education there is, yet you have crappy basic grammar.. with the education there being as brilliant as your making it out to be, you should be the best at grammar..

+1 to seti..
__________________
'I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.'

Winston Churchill, 11/30/1874 - 01/24/1965
mark thorpe is offline  
Old 12-15-2006, 03:58 PM   #17
In Runtime
 
The Sheep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 158
Default Re: Military kids, and why they are better.

Chill.

You have more experience of foriegn countrys. You have more experience of being part of a military family. Granted.

Kind of follows you have no experience of real life.
__________________
Illuminated Sheep
Human beings may not be perfect
The Sheep is offline  
Old 12-15-2006, 04:02 PM   #18
Golden Master
 
Raffaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,798
Send a message via AIM to Raffaz Send a message via MSN to Raffaz Send a message via Yahoo to Raffaz
Default Re: Military kids, and why they are better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sheep
Chill.

You have more experience of foriegn countrys. You have more experience of being part of a military family. Granted.

Kind of follows you have no experience of real life.
Good point +1
Raffaz is offline  
Old 12-15-2006, 04:25 PM   #19
Daemon Poster
 
kjman87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 806
Send a message via AIM to kjman87
Default Re: Military kids, and why they are better.

now how does this moving all around and not having any stable friendships for more than what 2 to 4 years benefit someone...I have been friends with some Navy kids...and quite frankly they did not like the system...go figure...

im still trying to figure out what this edge is that it gives you...
__________________
New Desktop: Core i7 860, EVGA P55 SLI, 2x PNY GTX260s in SLI, Antec Quattro 1kW PSU,4GB XMS3 DDR3-1600, Antec 300 Case, 2xSeagate 500GB, 1TB Samsung
Old Desktop: Intel E8400, Seagate 7200.11 500GB HDD, 320GB WD, 250GB Seagate, Asus 9800GTX+,4GB Corsair Ballistix, Asus P5Q Pro, Antec 500W PSU, 2 19" WS
Laptop: HP dv4-1155se
Car~07 Mazda 3s 5spd 2.3L: Simota CAI, Borla Cat-Back, Cat Delete, Lower Engine Mount, 1.5" Drop...and more...haha
kjman87 is offline  
Old 12-15-2006, 04:39 PM   #20
Fully Optimized
 
boardordi3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,392
Default Re: Military kids, and why they are better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik00117
Why military kids are better then Civilians.

This is a serious post from myself, based on why I believe kids raised in a military community are more mature, smarter etc then civilian students.

1. We see the world when most poeple haven't seen out of their state
2. We hear different languages, we see poeple from different countries interact on a daily basis. Just a lil fact, the bilingual rate among military kids is around 50% civilian its like 20%. Knowing two language is a huge help.
3. We didn't grow up cause we wanted too, we grew up cause we had to.
4. We have one of the best educate systems in the world, for well Teachers are movtiated getting paid double what the avg civilian gets paid.
5. We are raised by parents with a military background. In civilian school a lot of parents are weak minded. In military they aren't.
yeah that is a completely uneducated assumption
okay "kids who grow up in military schools and families are smarter"
im sorry, but bullshit,
i got a 31 on my act, get good grades, and i dont even try, im semi mature, but im 15 i dont have to be mature yet, thats what i enjoy about being a kid, kids who are forced to grow up so early are just gonna be holding back and that strict enviroment is gonna hurt you later on, and lots of people in the US dont speak a second language, because they dont have to, i speak spanish and a lot of italian, not because i "have to" beacuse i want to, and p.s. ive been to greece, canada, mexico, brazil, france, italy, uk, and australia, do not tell me taht people in the US dont travel

i accomplished all that because my parents raised me right, not just left me alone and hoped that id just grow up, thats mesed up
__________________

__________________
We ride, we die {}FORUM 2007{}
boardordi3 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0