Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 12-17-2006, 12:29 PM   #91
Site Team
 
root's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 8,003
Default Re: Military kids, and why they are better.

Quote:
Can you prove me wrong?
That's not how it works...
you made the wild statement that you were better, your lifestyle was better, your school were beter and your parents were better,

it's your job to back up and proove your wild accusations correct, not my job to hunt down studies and prove you wrong!

That's a large part of democracy, and seeing as America's military fights so hard to bring that kind of democracy to all corners of the world, I'd have thought that one might have been beaten into ou by now, (turn of phrase, not literal expression).

Quote:
I don't get off at that, that would be disturbing if I did, and who said I said your parents? Who said I said my parents? Who said I said anyone bodies parents. Did I say Board parents? Nope, i most certianlly didn't.
No, you said that parents in the military have a stronger mind...

that implies that your parents, (who are in the military) are better than my parents (who are not).

it's a completly anal asumption to make that you are better than anyone.

it's the same as when you did that person A, person B analogy, your assumptions may have been based in common sense, but you make out like person B military back ground will slot right into a place on his otr her own whilst person A will be effectivly disfunctional....
this is just donwright disrespectful to anybody else suggesting that they couldn't cope with having to change environments, and also completly negates the fact that whilst yuo *think* that you may do better just moving off on your own to another country, you forget that when you do it now, you wnid up at a base, or in a area near to a base, where there are plenty of people to help you, and lets not forget that you have your parents and brother/sisters there as well to help you settle in. IMOP if yuo were told to move on your own for business, you' be just as lost, and just as quick to find yuor feet as any other person, pertty much regardless of their background...

actually in some cases, you may even be worse affected, because the entier supprot network that you are used to, (mommy daddy faily base staff other people speaking your languages etc) have also been completly removed from you as well.

the absolute last words I'm going to say abuot this is as follows...

firsty, you spent 7 years in a civillian school you alerady sid that, was that in the same 7 years that yuo'd setled? surely you can't use the fact that you settles for 7 years in civii street in your argument as to why military schools are better,

againg going back to your numbers, you say you've spent 3 years in military schools, but also say you've moved 6 times, so exactly how long do you stay in one school, it sound a lot like you're staying in any one lpace for less than an achademic year,
and nuless i've misread what you are saying, I don't understand how your education could be better if you've never completed an entier achademic year in any one school.
(apart from civillian schools, and as I already pointed out, you can't say that military schools and live style is better than civillian lifestyle if that civillian life styl;e is the only time that you've settles in a place for any longer than a year or so)...

You have 15 friends that come round for christmas? some american some german, (whoopee for you), believe it or not Nik, but that's further weight as far as I'm concerned to the arguent that al this moving actually socially stunts you,
i'll be seeing more than twice that many people at any christmas party that I attend,

the point isn't that I have more friends than you. just if you think that your social skills are so great, and constant moving doesn't upset your social development or the ability to keep friends, how come you only have 15 close and personal friends that you can invite around for christmas?

You may *think* that you are a more rounded person because your moving, but IMO, like I said, all it goes on to do is destroy social networking skills and mean that you'll never have the ability to form a long lasting friendship, cause there is always the option that you'll be moving tomorrow.

you may *think* that you're a better person for all your worldly experiance, but you forget the fact that I live in a town right next to an american base, and I know full well that off base housing is usually small estates of pertty muh american houses.

there is an estate in my home town known as the american estate, it's where the off base housing is, all the huoses are the same "cookie cutter" (-I hate that expression), houses, all built on the same plans, all american design, all decorated to traditional american decorations, where everyone puts lights on their houses, fr christmas, and everyone barbeques in the sumer for thanks giving.
in short it's a piece of little america in the middle of a town where everyone drives american cars etc...
so the premis that you integrate with surrounding society might be true, but it's certainly not true of all american military families who mostly live enither on base, or in little american settlements near to the base...

I never suggested that travelluig out of state for an american would make them any more of a rounded person, I simply said that for most americans it's actually harder to leave the country, it's easier for many british people to leave the country, that's why it's different in europe,
the point was that most europeans leave the country because they want to see more, most americans don't leave the state becasue they couldn't caer less abuot seeing more of the world...
your opening post tarred everone with the same brush...
don't forget there are people who post on these forums who have seen more of teh world than you, have a better education than you, and still arn't from a military family.

no school should get more money just because of a smart kid, but it does happen, usually it's not just one smart kid, but a whol raft of kids who excell at some subjects de to quality teachers, therefore those teachers are awarded with more money to try to keep them inside those subjects and help them develop...

do you really think that the lecturers at famous universities like MIT etc really get paid the same amount as lecturers at universities you've never heard of... Judging my your posts, you either do think that, or you think it's completly unfair that centers of excellence recieve better funding...
and if indede it is unfair that centers of excellence recieve better funding, (andI can see where you are comming from), then perhaps you shuold work to get that changed, but at the same time, don't forget to have teh fnuding for your private military schools slashed to the same as that of innercity schools as well... (got to keep it fair right?)

You reckon that you're parents have a stonger back bone...

well whilst I don't believe that, (and I don't believe what I'm about to say either, it couldn be argued that military people have less of a backbone since they are just trained to do what they are told. having back bone is about making reasonable decsicions, not being strict, military parents lack the ability to make reasonable decisions since they never have to make decisions, they are always told what to do!

I don't reckon that you're parents have a stonrger backbnoe, in fact I think that they are weaker. they've spent their entier lives just following orders, and yuo've spent your entier life in a schooling system designed to make you think that you are somehow better than other people, and most likely will want to join an armed service.

Quote:
I enjoy getting people going, maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm right at least I'm getting people to think. And I am a member of a debate forum, I however sometimes decide to post my ideas on here as well
In spite of your su[pposably better education you still can spell, punmctuate, have crappy grammer and seemingly know very little about the actual world.
and IMO your debating skills also sck, you don't start debates, you start heated arguments. also any erson who really was, better rounded, /more worldly/ better educated, would cretainly know that they shuold start a post like this!

your list of famous people basically means jack shit, cause there are a lot more famous people from civillian families!


as for being any better than Hitler or Stalin...
kind of an odd comparisson seeing as they publically went out and said that they were better than everyone else as well! (and both of them came from military backgrounds)...
__________________

__________________
I didnít fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarianÖ
Im sick of people saying 'dont waste paper'. If trees wanted to live, they'd all carry guns.
"The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of blessings; The inherent vice of socialism is the equal sharing of miseries."
root is offline  
Old 12-17-2006, 12:44 PM   #92
Golden Master
 
mammikoura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 7,459
Send a message via MSN to mammikoura
Default Re: Military kids, and why they are better.

so now being an actor is something like inventing a think that pretty much changes the way of life in the whole world. (for example the steam engine, started industrialization which then again lead to many new things, the whole world changed. Light bulb, no need for candles etc, again made the world pretty much a different place) Now lets compare that to Jessica Alba (the 1st one in your list), made a few crappy movies, looks hot. = Some might get a little intertainment from watching her work (which btw wouldn't be possible if people wouldn't have invented stuff like tv's, video cameras etc) and teenage boys get horny when looking at her.

So changing the world or providin entertainment for some people and making teenage boys go all horny and stuff. Which made more difference?

And btw, while I believe you are wrong about military kids being better than civilians, I have come to the conclusion that with your way of thinking I'm way superior to you, you puny little military brat!
I speak/read/write 2 languages very fluently. English isn't my native language, but as you can see I have no trouble reading/writing it. Then 1 language I can speak a little, understand quite much and can write it somehow. And then finally I can understand a 4th language (notice 4, instead of your 2) pretty well, and also speak it somehow. Can't really write/read this 4th language anymore, just some very simple sentences.

I've been to at least 9 different countries, in 4 of them multiple times. Also lived in 2 different countries.

According to studies we have one of the best education system in the world. I'm also in a school (pretty much the equivalent of american high school) which I believe is in the top 20 in our country.

You also mentioned being independed, you are what, 17 or 18? and you are living with your dad. I've been living on my own since I turned 16. (well moved into this apartment maybe 2 months after turning 16) And no, my mom didn't throw me out, I wanted to get my own place and she knew I can take care of myself so she didn't have a problem with it.


So all this leads me to the conclusion that with your way of thinking, well I don't know how to say this any better. But I just own you!

edit: btw, shows your superior debating skills that you can't even post the source of the things you quote. (or at least I didn't see one)
__________________

__________________
0_o
mammikoura is offline  
Old 12-17-2006, 01:42 PM   #93
Golden Master
 
01001010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,888
Default Re: Military kids, and why they are better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik00117


I enjoy getting people going, maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm right at least I'm getting people to think. And I am a member of a debate forum, I however sometimes decide to post my ideas on here as well.


You're not making them think. You're pissing them off.
__________________
Stop the genocide now.
↳ www.savedarfur.org

Send comments, suggestions and criticisms.
↳ 01001010listens@gmail.com
01001010 is offline  
Old 12-17-2006, 01:59 PM   #94
Fully Optimized
 
Nik00117's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 4,025
Send a message via AIM to Nik00117 Send a message via MSN to Nik00117 Send a message via Yahoo to Nik00117
Default Re: Military kids, and why they are better.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_Brat

Not going comment any futhur on this subject as well its obvious I don't even got a single supporter.

I however will contiue to believe military children tend to have a edge in society because of their background.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_Culture_Kids
__________________
Main Rig: I7 920 CPU, 6 Gigs ram 5870 GPU
M17X Laptop 2.8 Ghz Dual Core, 4870 Radeon
Nik00117 is offline  
Old 12-17-2006, 02:10 PM   #95
Daemon Poster
 
Steff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,435
Send a message via MSN to Steff
Default Re: Military kids, and why they are better.

ROFL!!! Holy shit is it any wonder people dont like most americans?? Because they think they are way damn superia, I for one personaly do like americans but I find it highly offencive that they think they are the only country on this earth... military kids - my ass
Steff is offline  
Old 12-17-2006, 02:23 PM   #96
Fully Optimized
 
troy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 2,410
Default Re: Military kids, and why they are better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steff
ROFL!!! Holy shit is it any wonder people dont like most americans?? Because they think they are way damn superia, I for one personaly do like americans but I find it highly offencve that they think they are the only country on this earth... military kids - my ass
agreed, and this is coming from an American.
__________________
Desktop: Dell Dimension E510, 2.5GB RAM, Intel P4 3.0GHZ, 250GB HDD, Windows Vista Premium. Might not be the best, but the old girl is still running good.
troy is offline  
Old 12-17-2006, 02:38 PM   #97
Wizard of Wires
 
setishock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Not sure
Posts: 10,030
Default Re: Military kids, and why they are better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steff
ROFL!!! Holy shit is it any wonder people dont like most americans?? Because they think they are way damn superia, I for one personaly do like americans but I find it highly offencive that they think they are the only country on this earth... military kids - my ass
He doesn't speak for all of us Americans. He only babbles on about himself.
And the only things you managed to do with this thread is
1> Piss a lot of people off
2> Prove you're ego driven
3> Reduce your circle of friends here

You remind me so much of Giancarlo. He would start crap then run off or go whining to David.
You need an attitude adjustment...
setishock is offline  
Old 12-17-2006, 02:42 PM   #98
Daemon Poster
 
xtremezx2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 915
Default Re: Military kids, and why they are better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steff
ROFL!!! Holy shit is it any wonder people dont like most americans?? Because they think they are way damn superia, I for one personaly do like americans but I find it highly offencive that they think they are the only country on this earth... military kids - my ass
don't lump all of us in with this asshat.

By the way, i talked to my buddy last night who grew up having his dad in the military from the time he was born, and even he said you were retarded. wow, if the people your trying to say are so much better than the rest think your wrong, how do you think everyone else is gonna feel. This thread is retard and prolly needs the ol lock-a-roo before it gets to out of hand. i wash my hands of it regardless because its making me feel dumber. peace.
xtremezx2 is offline  
Old 12-17-2006, 02:42 PM   #99
Golden Master
 
alvino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 19,967
Send a message via AIM to alvino
Default Re: Military kids, and why they are better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parismouton
what pish, utter utter pish.

my .02Ä's worth

edit;
"Your very true, Chinese and Indian are going be very important languages in the future."

can't be bothered looking it up, but are chinese and indian actually languages?

also, my 7 yo daughter is fluent in 3 languages. she' also about to start german after xmas at school and wants to take flemish on the side with belgian grandpa. she'll soon have 5 working languages, will this make her the "biggerest and bestest" kid in the world? watch out all you goddam army kids
anyway, this is humouring me

over and out.
There are different dialects.
alvino is offline  
Old 12-17-2006, 02:43 PM   #100
Fully Optimized
 
boardordi3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,392
Default Re: Military kids, and why they are better.

nik your so stupid, those are famous people with parents that were in the military, that doesnt mean they grew up in a fuckin military base overseas, and think about it, van morrison didnt follow any of that crap the miltary laid out for him

hey btw dumbass, wikipedia isnt a legitimate source you couldve written that
__________________

__________________
We ride, we die {É}FORUM 2007{É}
boardordi3 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0