Military Impersonators

I have read all of the responces, I just cannot respond to all at once, and besides that I have a question.

US NAVY
Yeah it drives me nuts. It's referred to as Stolen Valor. And it's a felony crime.

I wish to know (and that goes to anyone whom has served) what we can truly do to show an appreciation? Have you ever gotten that question?

Those people are rare in the EU. Mostly people there are less of a point impersonating a soldier in the EU as in America. We don't hand out discounts just because you are a soldier, and you are not looked up to as a better person then others because of it. (as i see you Americans do).

Still, i have seen one of those. I were at a party and sat next to a guy like that.
He talked about his military carrier quite a lot. Like "look at me, look at me, Hear how awesome i am.
I found him interesting at first because of his impressive stories, but it become more and more clear to me, that he was full of shit.
He talked a lot about "B. S. Christiansen", which is a well known danish soldier. He have been in teamwork with American and British solders and have an impressive amount of medals. He have also written a book that is quite popular here in Denmark.
This guy of cause have been trained by him and have been on a mission with him in iraq. Among other crazy things. I stopped believing in him and called him a lying son of a bitch. I then changed table. I talked to his cousin who confirmed that he was full of shit. He was never even in the military.

I can understand why you hate guys like that. Thinking they can lie them self to your respect.
Fuck those guys.

Last edited:
We don't see them as better than us but braver. We thank them for their services and they did put their lives on the line for our freedom. Not all saw war but were available at the drop of a hat.

As to the impersonators, they're POSes and as bad as any other criminals. Yes, it is a crime to impersonate military and law personnel.

Winston Churchill in his speech on August 20, 1940 put it so well:
"Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few."
He was referring to the Allied and RAF forces that defended England and by working together the Allied forces finally crushed the Nazi juggernaut. But many gave their lives in this endeavor. Many were maimed mentally and physically. Some never came home.

Now we are engaged in skirmishes and conflicts. Nothing major. Not a world wide war at least. But our boys and girls are suffering in the same way as if it was a world war. Maimed and dying.

Mothers and fathers loose their child. Brothers and sisters loose a sibling. Wife's and husbands lose their spouse. Children loose a parent. And that to me is the saddest part of this. They never got to know them. Dad was half way around the world when they were born and was lost in combat. They learn about them in stories they read or hear. For those who did have a chance to know dad, the loss is gut wrenching. If that doesn't rip your heart out, you're not human.

The pain and suffering. The emptiness. The sorrow. Shrinks and others say they know what they're going through. Bull Shit! Unless you have gone through that, you have no idea what it's like.
We should take care of those left behind. For the remaining spouse and the kids, pay off the mortgage. Pay off the car note. Put money in escrow for the kids to go to collage. Let them shop at the PX and use base doctors and hospitals. And bury them when they die.

For those that do come back regardless of mental or physical status, should we honor them? Yes. Are they above us? No. They're John and Jane nobody who has gone off to serve their county and to defend the ones they love and care about back home. And to protect those they don't even know.
"No greater love has a man than when he gives his life for a stranger."

To all the military currently serving and to those that have served. To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice. To those that also sit and wait our reservists.
I can not say THANK YOU enough. May God's Angles watch over you and keep you safe.

Hi! We have a all volunteer army now. In my days there was the draft. I could have avoided the draft by staying in college, but choose to serve my country by joining the USAF 1958_1962. I spent 18 months in Okinawa. I never saw combat. The big deal then was the Cuba Crisis. We avoided a crisis there! Wars are Hell and they will always be with us because we can not follow the golden rule to love each other. They have been going on sense the beginning of time and will continue until the end of the world. JFK was our president!!
Gary!
https://www.google.com/search?q=Cub...oTCPP12t7e98YCFYGDDQodjtcE3g&biw=1227&bih=534

Last edited:
Those towels on heads are actually useful in this heat :p

By impersonators, do you mean civilians dressed as soldiers, or official soldiers with fake spirit/morals?

I personally don't blame soldiers that badly. In the end they follow orders and I'm sure many of them have no choice but to follow orders, either that or they do not know what's really going on when they just follow orders without getting explanation.

But still, such comments are really uncalled for. I believe there is no honor in bragging about killing people.

Back
Top Bottom