migrating to apple G4 vs pentium M

Richnsocal

Beta member
I looking to purchace a new laptop and apple seems to have nice equipment but I'm unfimilar with mac and apple pruducts. what are the pros /cons of making the switch from an IBM compatible. Thanks

Rick

Most games will not work with the Mac OS, and most software as well.

But you do get a stable OS, and a sleek computer.

well, about 90% of software, programs, etc. is all made to run on windows, so you'll have some issues with compabtility. Very fews will run, although I did see some mac games, like games made especially for mac out in some store. Controls are different, like ctrl + a isn't the same thing on a mac, etc. Different interface will be there. Pretty secure though, and excellent os, the os x. As long as you aren't an extreme gamer, you shouldn't have a problem changing...

I will need to purchase all new software ..for example office 2003 most likley. Is it safe to say none of the IBM software will not work?

Whoa... double negative. lol. You'll have to try it on the OS... I've never tried using IBM software on a mac...

there is a version of MS office for the Mac...

though here is the problem...

firstly you'll have to re-purchase your applications.
secondly a lot of applications written for PC don't work all that well on a Mac, (office is a great example).

Games isn't such an issue... if a game is open GL based then there is a chance it'll be mac compatible... but if it's directX then you can immediatly forget about it!!!
the trouble is a lot of games, even though they could be ported to a mac, it's just not worth the manufacturers time to port it...

Back
Top Bottom