This Might Be The Strangest Thread On Here !

I live on a ranch owned by my grandpa, and my mom's side of the family is big in cattle raising. They probably love their cows more than their wives. I know just about nothing about it. We have chickens and that's it. Wanna know about chickens? They're stupid. That about sums it up...

Only if someone else kills and plucks them. We had to get rid of 13 of the roosters once, I hated that. I didn't mind the killing, but I just didn't like slaughtering chickens. Never will I do that again.

heh!
Yeah, well thats sounds pretty cool!
My girlfriend and I are in the midst of deciding on what specific area within the farm life to take on...
Crop farming is one idea, then we have also talked about livestock...we also thought about raising horses!
But havent a clue what the norm is to begin... do you just purchase two foal's and have them mate... i mean in a perfect world it would be a little wiser to be able to purchase more horses... but budget wise is it the traditional way of starting off... and then letting them grow and hopefully multiplying them continually. granted were talking about years here now...

any suggestion... how is it that some ranches have about 20 horses... aside from purchasing grow adults with the income elsewehere.... if i were to look towards growing a population strictly on the income off the animals what is the most econimal way of doing so.!!

Crop farming is a really important industry. We need to keep a constant supply of grains rolling in to feed us and livestock.

I really wouldn't know where to start. No type of farming is said to be easy, and all take a certain knack for things. If you are good enough at any of them, you can get a lot of money.

Heres something to try, make a comparison chart of all the advantages and disadvantages of the ones you are interested in.

You'll have to learn that farming means no break to yourself. You cannot take a break because there is so much to do.

yeah.. totally...
The thing Im trying to deliberate now is what particular niche with in the agriculture industry to focus on... I know various sectors inhibit possibilites far greater than some. However extracting a minute instance in which the market has not yet seen is what I have been thinking of. Not only is the abundance of making plans evident but the satifaction of meeting those to a degree where it does seem to have relevance, in conjuction with allowing the acceptance of others in its path.

hmm! I guess alot of it has to do with the process by which it's dealt with... for instance farming is'nt for everyone, and it certainly does'nt have its way everywhere... it's seems as if the broader spectrum of questioning does seem to make the transition slightly reluctant.

ps. now im torn and flabergasted with the notion that alot more research needs to be done to determine a viable niche comparable to its time.

Back
Top Bottom