Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 03-01-2006, 11:41 AM   #21
Daemon Poster

Send a message via MSN to Lac3y
Default Re: Microsoft's new handheld

Quote:
Originally Posted by Washington
Wouldn't say that I'm a 'PSP Fanboy' but there are some very good games on it. One minute playing pinball, then gta liberty city, then TOCA 2, then listen to some MP3's, then watch a movie. All on the train on the way home. Then when I'm finished, just pop it in my pocket! Can't beat that.

I'm not interested in the homebrew side of things as I don't want to risk knackering my PSP just to play a few old snes games. Also if I was going to put an emulator on it, it would have to be MAME.
the battery doesn't last long enough for you to do all those things.

ATI Radeon HD4890 with VoltageTweak
OCZ Stealth XStream 600w PSU
Lac3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 11:53 AM   #22
In Runtime

Battery lasts for a good 4 - 5 hours depending on what you are doing. Takes about an hour to charge.

I have one. I know exactly what it is capable of.

Washington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 12:49 PM   #23
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to Kage

Yeah, the battery isn't bad at all.

They are also thinking, I've heard of releasing a bigger battery for it to last longer.
This is why they capped the CPU at 222mhz instead of 333mhz (what its meant to run at), and then uncapped it when they decided the resulted battery life wasn't much less with it at full speed.
Old 03-01-2006, 01:04 PM   #24
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to Paradox Send a message via MSN to Paradox Send a message via Yahoo to Paradox

Erm, I think that "new handheld" is bogus guys, i mean it looks like something they would have come up with in the 90s

Well I guess not, found it on microsoft.com

I think Id much rather have one of those Notebook/tablet pcs from gateway,acer, or toshiba though

Xbox Live: Error Lord
Personal Email: HunterMRose[at]gmail.com
Aim: Error Lord
Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 04:30 PM   #25
Guru

Send a message via MSN to Lord Kalthorn

Think the idea is that it is smaller :P You could put it in your pocket, and its cheaper, Tablet PCs were always more expensive even than Laptops, so there was no want really for the same sort of thing with a different display and touch screen.

I think this will be a great development, especially in networking technology for use with Phones. Afterall, Phones are crappy right now.
Old 03-01-2006, 04:51 PM   #26
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to The Amish Kid

It looks pretty sweet. I dont think this was really ment to compete with the DS and PSP. The ds is strictly gaming, the psp is more of a general multimedia player(or whatever you want to call it). This though can do everything which seems really cool. If this thing can really do all these things they show in the video then I will be really interested. Im guessing it willn't be cheap though.
AMD Opteron 165 CCBWE 0551@ 2.25ghz(250 x 9) 1.45v cooled w/ Thermaltake Big Typhoon | DFI LP Ultra D | eVGA 7800GT@ 465/1110 | Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic | 2GB G. Skill DDR 500 @ 250mhz 3-4-4-8 | 80 GB SATA + 40GB SATA + 200GB IDE| 480w Thermaltake Silent purepower | Thermaltake Tsunami Dream case (Black) | Windows XP Pro |
The Amish Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 06:24 PM   #27
Guru

Send a message via MSN to Lord Kalthorn

Just need more Network Coverage and it would be perfection