Microsoft's AntiSpyware Tool Removes Internet Explorer

Giancarlo. Just because YOU don't know how to use linux, doesn't mean it's a bad OS. Yes, it's not a good choice for computer-morons who only only know how to point and click. But for me, it's the most effecient system out there.

Here's an example:

In gentoo, the file management system, portage, is far more advanced then anything Windows has.. Like, I can download/unzip/install firefox with only two words in the terminal:

emerge firefox

I can do the same with x-chat (a popular IRC client):

emerge x-chat

Keep in mind, this downloads the program (given you have a connection), unzips it, installs it, and then all you need to do is type in:

firefox

or

x-chat

and the program will launch. Yes, command line in windows is somewhat similar, but windows has nothing on the emerge system. You don't even need a GUI to do any of it.

Also, how are you going to tell me Windows is better when you need to pay money to use it. Lol.

And giancarlo, yes dell did pay almost 100 million dollars last week to invest in linux servers.

I got redhat on a 20GB Maxtor drive. So ya I did use it a few times... it isn't bad.. stable.. but not useful for my purposes.

$100 million is nothing. And dell? Who cares for dell?

And you are calling me a computer moron? For one, you need to grow up. I play games.. and i do many other things I can't do on a linux machine.

Giancarlo: 1) You have no defence for windows against the emerge system 2) I hate red hat too 3) No, I'm not calling you a moron, I know that if you took the time, you could learn how to use slackware and gentoo just as well as windows.

Rakedog: 1) YOu have no evidence for your arguments. 2) You resort to ad hominems. 3) You are emotional and full of it.

I'm not going to use crappy gentoo or slackware.

I have no evidence? Lol. Prove it. You're going to deny the existance of the Portage system, and how much easier it is to deal with files using it? Lol. If you do, you'll look like an idiot, because I'll bring you down with cold hard facts.

No, I stated from the very start that I dislike Red Hat. They are turning too much towards windows, more GUI then efficient, though fedora is a nice distro for newbies.

I'm emotional? What? For defending linux, I'm emotional?

And, you've never tried those OS's, I have, so, your opinion here is biassed.

rakedog, i find redhat okay, its the first distro that ive used, so im still getting used to it...

once i have more time to get used to it, ill start spending more time on it, and then ill mabye upgrade to another distro...

Are you using Red Hat or Fedora? Fedora is ok, but i prefer more cc orientated distro's, like Slack and gentoo.

rakedog said:
I have no evidence? Lol. Prove it. You're going to deny the existance of the Portage system, and how much easier it is to deal with files using it? Lol. If you do, you'll look like an idiot, because I'll bring you down with cold hard facts.

I didn't deny the existence of anything. What I simply am saying is you are emotional and not acting in a rational manner. You can't even state cold hard facts if they hit you in the face so hard they knocked your teeth out. That's how bad this is. And no I'm not goiing to talk to you anymore. I like Red Hat. Apparently I like nothing you do. You like girls, I like guys. You see... we are opposites.. so bug off.

You are biased and emotional.

fedora core 3

ill probably try one of the other distros in the summer, when all my exams are over...

Back
Top Bottom