Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-27-2006, 04:43 AM   #71
Golden Master
 
mammikoura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 7,459
Send a message via MSN to mammikoura
Default Re: Microsoft will cripple PCs running pirated copies of Vista

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvino
Funny how Microsoft bashers still use their products. There are alternatives out there.
I have to agree. Though I still use windows once in a while, but I'm definitely not going to buy any microsoft software.
__________________

__________________
0_o
mammikoura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 08:13 AM   #72
Fully Optimized
 
troy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 2,410
Default Re: Microsoft will cripple PCs running pirated copies of Vista

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvino
If you hate Microsoft so much, then YOU try creating an OS with millions of lines of code. Or you can always use Linux.

Funny how Microsoft bashers still use their products. There are alternatives out there.
it's true! while I'm not a huge microsoft fan (at least not of vista anyways) I still use XP and will until it's discontinued because I think it's a great OS. As for vista, once the price goes down to a reasonable amount maybe I'll get it but I still want to get a mac (I need something dual core and want to run mac OS X so might as well get a mac!). I also still use microsoft because most games are made for windows. Linux was alright, but kind of hard for me to use so learning that is another day another game as I always say!
__________________

__________________
Desktop: Dell Dimension E510, 2.5GB RAM, Intel P4 3.0GHZ, 250GB HDD, Windows Vista Premium. Might not be the best, but the old girl is still running good.
troy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 09:49 AM   #73
Golden Master
 
mammikoura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 7,459
Send a message via MSN to mammikoura
Default Re: Microsoft will cripple PCs running pirated copies of Vista

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy272
Linux was alright, but kind of hard for me to use so learning that is another day another game as I always say!
it's hard in the beginning. But then when you start understanding a little about it using it become very easy. Like, if I want to install mozilla firefox, I don't open my internet browser and go to mozillas homepage and then download the installer and then install it. I just open the console, write 1 short command and press one letter and it will automatically download & install firefox.

I think it's pretty easy to use, though of course windows seems more familiar since I've been using it for years.
__________________
0_o
mammikoura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 12:42 PM   #74
Golden Master
 
Brookfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 10,056
Question Re: Microsoft will cripple PCs running pirated copies of Vista

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy272
it's true! while I'm not a huge microsoft fan (at least not of vista anyways) I still use XP and will until it's discontinued because I think it's a great OS. As for vista, once the price goes down to a reasonable amount maybe I'll get it but I still want to get a mac (I need something dual core and want to run mac OS X so might as well get a mac!). I also still use microsoft because most games are made for windows. Linux was alright, but kind of hard for me to use so learning that is another day another game as I always say!
I too shall stay with XP, I didn't know, is it defininitely going to be discontinued, if so, have they come up with a date?
Brookfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 12:44 PM   #75
BSOD
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 7,539
Send a message via AIM to Trivium Nate
Default Re: Microsoft will cripple PCs running pirated copies of Vista

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvino
If you hate Microsoft so much, then YOU try creating an OS with millions of lines of code. Or you can always use Linux.

Funny how Microsoft bashers still use their products. There are alternatives out there.

no way lol i have no idea how to program
Trivium Nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 05:50 PM   #76
Fully Optimized
 
troy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 2,410
Default Re: Microsoft will cripple PCs running pirated copies of Vista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookfield
I too shall stay with XP, I didn't know, is it defininitely going to be discontinued, if so, have they come up with a date?
I'm not sure. I've heard that 2009 will be the end of XP but I'm not sure if that's true or just a rumor. I think XP is awesome, despite the security risks it's a very good OS and it's got a lot more "freedom" as opposed to vista. I think XP lets you do alot more and it actually isn't that bad on system requirements (at least not compared to vista). Sure the interface is kinda ugly with the luna theme but at least that's fixable.
__________________
Desktop: Dell Dimension E510, 2.5GB RAM, Intel P4 3.0GHZ, 250GB HDD, Windows Vista Premium. Might not be the best, but the old girl is still running good.
troy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 04:45 AM   #77
Golden Master
 
Brookfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 10,056
Default Re: Microsoft will cripple PCs running pirated copies of Vista

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy272
I'm not sure. I've heard that 2009 will be the end of XP but I'm not sure if that's true or just a rumor. I think XP is awesome, despite the security risks it's a very good OS and it's got a lot more "freedom" as opposed to vista. I think XP lets you do alot more and it actually isn't that bad on system requirements (at least not compared to vista). Sure the interface is kinda ugly with the luna theme but at least that's fixable.
Luna theme, what's that?
Brookfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 11:56 AM   #78
Golden Master
 
alvino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 19,967
Send a message via AIM to alvino
Default Re: Microsoft will cripple PCs running pirated copies of Vista

It's the theme that you get when you have a fresh install of XP. It's that blue taskbar with the green start button.
alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 01:40 PM   #79
Golden Master
 
Brookfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 10,056
Default Re: Microsoft will cripple PCs running pirated copies of Vista

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvino
It's the theme that you get when you have a fresh install of XP. It's that blue taskbar with the green start button.
I have that now, it came installed with my laptop, & I sold it that way, then when I had my present desktop built, again XP Home was pre-installed, that, I assume accounts for it, a fresh install, I have the disc in it's original packet, marked with it's ser no, "CDX" etc.

Out of curiosity, how much roughly would he have paid for that disc, two years ago?, bearing in mind that he has three shops, & is registered for VAT, in all, the computer, including a TFT monitor cost me 550, [about $1050]
__________________

Brookfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0