Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 11-26-2006, 04:09 AM   #61
Golden Master

Question Re: Microsoft will cripple PCs running pirated copies of Vista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon F
Then don't use their products. Simple as that.
What the hell happened to all your details, all blanked out???

Brookfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 06:22 AM   #62
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to Paradox Send a message via MSN to Paradox Send a message via Yahoo to Paradox
Default Re: Microsoft will cripple PCs running pirated copies of Vista

Another point to be made, What of the people that have genuine copies of windows that get mistaken for a fraudulent copy, and end up getting "crippled?" It has happened on windows to my pcs in the past where it wont let me download from microsoft anymore and i have to find other means (ie oldversion.com)

Xbox Live: Error Lord
Personal Email: HunterMRose[at]gmail.com
Aim: Error Lord
Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 07:02 AM   #63
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to mammikoura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox
Another point to be made, What of the people that have genuine copies of windows that get mistaken for a fraudulent copy, and end up getting "crippled?" It has happened on windows to my pcs in the past where it wont let me download from microsoft anymore and i have to find other means (ie oldversion.com)
I bet microsoft doesn't really care. They already got the money.
Old 11-26-2006, 07:45 AM   #64
muz
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammikoura
that happened to my uncle although he had an oem label and everything he had to pay for a whole new copy of xp
Old 11-26-2006, 08:03 AM   #65
Golden Master

Quote:
Did you realise that your sig could be regarded as insensitive by some? read it through slowly & in depth a couple of times, I'm not targetting you. I'd say the same if I had noticed it on another member's, if it's a joke, then I think probably it's a pretty poor one, don't forget we now have more female members than ever before.
Old 11-26-2006, 08:15 AM   #66
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to mammikoura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookfield
Did you realise that your sig could be regarded as insensitive by some? read it through slowly & in depth a couple of times, I'm not targetting you. I'd say the same if I had noticed it on another member's, if it's a joke, then I think probably it's a pretty poor one, don't forget we now have more female members than ever before.
yes it's a joke, though it might have some truth in it. If you don't like it, it's not my problem. I'm not going to take it away, you may do so if you think that it's offensive, but I think everyone understands that I'm not trying to offend anyone with it.
Old 11-26-2006, 10:32 AM   #67
Golden Master

Quote:
yes it's a joke, though it might have some truth in it. If you don't like it, it's not my problem. I'm not going to take it away, you may do so if you think that it's offensive, but I think everyone understands that I'm not trying to offend anyone with it.
Don't be so aggressive, if I don't like it, it's not your problem?, wrong...... now, I was polite to you, you want to watch that attitude, anyway, I'm leaving it, but if someone complains, it goes
Old 11-26-2006, 10:34 AM   #68
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to borat_sagdiyev Send a message via MSN to borat_sagdiyev

RTM is already cracked lol. but not mine because i reinstalled xp again
evga geforce 7600GT overclocked
borat_sagdiyev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 11:39 AM   #69
Daemon Poster

Send a message via MSN to GlasseyeUK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox
A friend of mine had this problem, where he had brought it legitimately, but the shop was selling pirated copies, he contacted microsoft, they asked him for a copy of the receipt and they sent him a legitimate copy.

I personally have problem with copy protection, but to the point where we are hearing about drm protection crippling pc's that worries me, its a bit more complicated I suppose when it comes to operating systems, but then if you want to use windows as your OS then you should really expect to pay for it. Its like anything you buy it on release and its going to be more expensive, give it a bit of time then it will decrease in cost.

The problem is that microsoft virtually has a monoply on operating systems, yes I know there is linux, and its becoming more and more compatible and stable and user friendly, but microsoft still provide a stable user friendly operating system. Get a competitor then prices will need to fall.....

Time tells all, but if the moment in time passes and you miss it, then you will remember it for ever!!
GlasseyeUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 02:48 AM   #70
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to alvino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trivium Nate
I hate! Microsoft with the passion! I seriously don't freking feel like spending 200+$ Just for xp id love to format my hardrive but no i have to pay 200$ for it
If you hate Microsoft so much, then YOU try creating an OS with millions of lines of code. Or you can always use Linux.

Funny how Microsoft bashers still use their products. There are alternatives out there.

alvino is offline   Reply With Quote