Microsoft will cripple PCs running pirated copies of Vista

Nik00117 said:
Ok, it took our crackers 3 hours to do XP, i'm willing to bet it'll take them 4 to crack Vista.

Ladies and Gents no software is uncrackable, for in the very nature of it being software its crackable.

They are already cracking vista, and playing with it to crack it etc.
And the truth is given.
Brookfield said:
I've run XP Home with a geniune disc that came with the computer, for nearly two years, no problems so far, quite a while ago, there was a forum about whether SP2 should be d/loaded, remember all that?, & if I remember rightly, members were about 60% / 40% in favour of not having it, as it caused more technical problems, so I followed suit, & touch wood, I've been OK so far.
computer.gif
SP2 was quite unstable and full of bugs when it was first released.. however, it is much better now than SP1 is.

Whats odd is.. i've seen computers running SP1 for about a year upgrade to SP2.. then run horrible! but when I do a clean install of XP, I find that if upgrade to SP2 immediately, it runs perfectly..

mammikoura said:
raffaz: he probably tried to quote nate, but pressed the wrong button. Happens to me sometimes, I try to edit my post and end up quoting it.

Ah right never thought of that :)

Guys, gals....Vista is not going to suck. Just because you've BETA tested it, does not make it sucky. I mean, you are using a BETA test....they are meant to suck, so people can give feedback on improvements to the company. That's the whole point.

I work for Dell, we got a sneak peek at the final copy, and I've got to say that it is pretty sweet. Tons of improvements from the beta test, and is an over all very good Operating System.

If you want something free, go get Kubuntu, Ubuntu, or Xubuntu.

Raffaz said:
@ Brookfield Have you edited post #26 for any particular reason, or was that a mistake?
Oops, I see what I've done, edited instead of posted, well spotted, are you Nate's minder? :) , my reply starts at; "Thanks, I prefefer to stAy with SP1"

By the way your sig is 7 lines, the max is 5, no hurry, but would you adjust?

the only pirated software i own is photoshop....and sony vegas... and archietect and adobe premier, and adobe after effects, and nfs:most wanted.. BUT THATS IT

boardordi3 said:
the only pirated software i own is photoshop....and sony vegas... and archietect and adobe premier, and adobe after effects, and nfs:most wanted.. BUT THATS IT
hey can you use adobe afteer efefcts, have you got any links to good tutorials

I think That companies like microsoft are ripping people off , for instance i am doing an IT course at school and i am making a database,spreadsheet, powerpoint presentation and so to compete mt homework tasks i would require copies of theese programes at home, sure microsoft try and help out by releasing a student and teacher edition priced at $149 but all it includes is
excell,powerpointand word,
to get access you need to buy the profesional edition which costs about $450 which is obviously not an option and worth more than my computer . so realy i have no option other than pirate version, i have tried open office and it is good but the access databases are all messed up

Back
Top Bottom