microsoft using pirated software

natej315 said:
Pwned! Busted! well if Microsoft uses pirate software so can we :S

Haha in a way, thats true. If its people inside Microsoft that did it, it shows how much their into tackling piracy... just as long as its not their products being cracked.

trouble is that they probably just bought the sound files anyway.

I mean I doubt that microsoft employs a team of musicians on a permentant basis, hence they were probably freelancers using their own time and tools to create the sounds.

it's illegal to use pirate software, it's not illegal to listen to the results of that, and microsoft arn't directly profiting from the pirating of the software... the long and the short of it is that microsoft don't need to comment, or be investigated, or sued or anything... they are pretty much the innocent party in all of this...

besides which, think about it, bill gates could buy an entire music studio and employ musicians to make the background music for XP with his pocket change, why would he be ripping of a few hundred quids worth of software?

especially when they (as a company) could have probably profited from it themselves by writing off the tax as a business expense.

root said:
I mean I doubt that microsoft employs a team of musicians on a permentant basis
of corse they do! :D they call it.... The Microsoft Sound
happy0019.gif
O.O hehe

as I said I don't think they will... and even if they did, it'd kind of ruin the article, I mean at the moment it's a sensational article, and to have a long drawn out laywer speach from MS at the end would ruin the sensationalism!

as for Microsoft Sound...
it is catchy... and they'll probably steal that name and make a second rate music app of it! not that you could ever proove that you were the first one to suggest it!

Back
Top Bottom