microsoft and linux

that bulletin pop up blocker does not block the ads on the page, it only blocks the ones that open themselves up in a new window, i dont like going to a page that has loads of ads on it, i just click the adblock icon next to them and they do not appear, it is much better than having loads of ads all over the page, i think that it is easier to concentrate on the page if there are not loads of icons flashing all over the place, i prefer firefox, that is my opinion and you have your opinion, i respect that but im just saying that it makes the page easier to read when all the ads are blocked. SP2 is installed on my comp, it does not make that much difference to the amount of ads that are on a page, i also like the tabs in firefox, it stops you having to open up loads of windows every time you go onto a new page.

mark thorpe said:
also Internet explorer is a load of trash, it is slower to load pages than firefox and it has no adblock function that works properley. firefox is a MUCH better web browser than IE, also it does not have a password rember function for when you log into a wireless network, it is soo annoying to have to keep on logging into the network and typing the user name nad password every time you want to go onto the internet, firefox automatically remembers the password for you, it is a much better browser
Have you ever openned pages in Firefox and Internet Explorer? The time is no different - you certainly can't notice it even if it is different. In fact - noticably on ComputerForums its more inconvenient to have it loading individually. That way you don't wait around for the Editor to load when you can see it and try to type in it - it doesn't work and its dreadfully off putting. That and the fact Web Parts don't come up the same - and nor do some Transparent effects on sites. That and a dreadful lack of ActiveX.

Every reasonable Browser has a password remmember feature. Why do you log in to a Wireless Network on Internet Explorer? You log in on Explorer.

I don't know what you're doing to make it do that but you should sort out your connections manager, not Internet Explorer. Nobody signs into a Network through Internet Explorer or Firefox - its in Network Connections! :D

mark thorpe said:
that bulletin pop up blocker does not block the ads on the page, it only blocks the ones that open themselves up in a new window, i dont like going to a page that has loads of ads on it, i just click the adblock icon next to them and they do not appear, it is much better than having loads of ads all over the page, i think that it is easier to concentrate on the page if there are not loads of icons flashing all over the place, i prefer firefox, that is my opinion and you have your opinion, i respect that but im just saying that it makes the page easier to read when all the ads are blocked. SP2 is installed on my comp, it does not make that much difference to the amount of ads that are on a page, i also like the tabs in firefox, it stops you having to open up loads of windows every time you go onto a new page.
Blocked ads will just mean less free sites. I for one am content to have ads on a site; although there are considerations about decency that's down the webmaster not the client. If everybody used Adblocker without considering the cost of producing a site then there would be far less sites.

You just have to load up lots of new Tabs :D There is no difference.

rakedog said:
Nah, open office is better in some ways. For one thing.. it's fucking FREE.

Some software for nothing will always be better then some software for money.
Some Software for nothing is never better than all the software you need and more for money. If the price sickens you that much download it but its not worth skimping on Quality over Price. If you keep doing that you're not going to have a very good Computer Experience.

i log onto my school network, we have it password protected so other people cannot get onto the school network and also so that the admin can moniter what websites everyone is using, it always comes up with the password on IE or firefox.....it is supposed to, what im saying is that on firefox it remembers the password and user name for you and on IE you have to type it in every time, it makes it soo much quicker to log onto the internet, it is nothing to do with the internet options, i have to change them to the correct server and port whenever i go onto the school network because of the school system.

i have only logged into the school system on IE once and that was to check if there were any updates for windows, that was when the internet at home was down and also the stupid system that microsoft has for its updates that you have to be in IE to view them, i have never had any problems loading pages in firefox, they load faster if anything because they do not have to load loads of adverts on them when they load due to the adblock feature.

i dont see how you can like having loads of flashing ads all over the place, it is much harder to concentrate on the text if there is flashing on the page, if you are really concentrating on a page for example for school work you do not want to be distracted from the text by adverts, i find that i also have not had ANY spyware/adware/malware/viruses since i have been using firefox and i visit mainly the same sites that i used to with IE before i installed firefox, this means that it is more secure than IE and there is less malicious programs that are able to install adware etc on the computer when using the adware feature.

The tab system is much better, it is faster and easier to switch to and fro from open tabs, it means one icon on the task bar, for example, say you had 10 pages open, you could either have 10 icons on the taskbar or you could have one icon on the taskbar and 10 tabs open in firefox, it is much more practicle to have one icen than 10 icons on the task bar

while you are waiting for a link to open in one tab you can continue to browse the web page you are viewing, instead of having to wait for the next page to open, like you do with IE.

Microsoft were onto a good program with IE, i think that it could have been a decent program but once they destroyed the compedition like netscape etc, they just left IE where it was and only released the occasional update where they had not developed it properley, if microsoft had continued to work on IE instead of destroying the opposition with underhand tactics they would have been able to produce a decent program, instead they have left it as it was and not bothered to upgrade and improve, it could be a good program with a bit of work, however at the moment it is a piece of trash like all other microsoft software, it is unreliable, too expensive and not worth wasting money on, it is NOT good software, it is crap, open office is more reliable than windows office and it does not have a rediculous 'activeate product' thing.

P.S. LK, congrats for reaching 9,000 posts :D

To e fair to M$$ since they put the activex control feature on SP2 for IE you don't get the spyware as badly, but I still presfer firefox for the tabbed browsing and plugins

There are plugins for Internet Explorer and Tabbed Browsing is on its way I'd imagine... not that I approve of the idea but yeah.

You did say it though Mark - when Netscape wasn't a problem Internet Explorer kind of stuck because there were other more important things to do. Now its not - and Microsoft realise it. Firefox will just end up being Netscape, which is funny considering it is Netscape in basicness already. We'll end up with a far superior Internet Explorer Browser and it will stay like that until the next Browser.

Microsoft can and will crush Firefox - they just haven't needed to until now.

Especially when ActiveX becomes more widely used in Websites, hopefully.

Back
Top Bottom