Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 09-22-2006, 03:07 PM   #11
Daemon Poster

Send a message via MSN to Lac3y
Default Re: Microsoft IE Internet Hole

Wow, never knew this forum was filled with this many blind Firefox fanboys. It has been proven that Firefox is not the fastest, most secure and resource-friendly browser out there. I use IE7 RC1 and it is way, way better than Firefox.

I like Opera, although I hardly ever use it.

Internet Explorer > Opera > Firefox

ATI Radeon HD4890 with VoltageTweak
OCZ Stealth XStream 600w PSU
Lac3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 03:13 PM   #12
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to mark thorpe Send a message via Yahoo to mark thorpe

meh, ive used firefox for ages.. works fine for me, adblock is awsome too.. i havnt had any spyware using firefox.. but i had a stupid amount with IE.. from my experience, firefox is alot better than IE.. i have the new version too, and i hate it..

Winston Churchill, 11/30/1874 - 01/24/1965
mark thorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 03:45 PM   #13
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to Nik00117 Send a message via MSN to Nik00117 Send a message via Yahoo to Nik00117

I agree with mark I have given IE 6 and IE 7 their fair shoot, they both failed. Haven't given a Opera a attempt yet though considering it...
Old 09-22-2006, 05:13 PM   #14
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via MSN to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via Yahoo to DJ-CHRIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK31337
Firefox is stupid.

Think about it, how is it more secure if the source is open? LOL, give a determined hacker 1 day and he can hack it to pieces.

Then the "fixed" version comes out. Hacker downloads the new source-tree, cycle continues.

Your fanboy arguments don't hold at all.
So all open source software is crap and is easily hackable?
DJ-CHRIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 05:46 PM   #15
Golden Master

I use Firefox right now, been using it for a while. I like it the best, but Opera is great too, and Internet Explorer 7 is a big advancement. Nothing beats the customizability of Firefox though, and thats probably the only reason I'm still using it.
LA061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 07:20 PM   #16
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to alvino

Heh, I use Maxthon. Uses the Internet Explorer Engine, but has all the extra features of Firefox. That means I won't have problems loading Java or Flash heavy sites like Firefox does, but I'll still be protected unlike Internet Explorer.
alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 09:55 PM   #17
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ-CHRIS
So all open source software is crap and is easily hackable?
Yes.

As long as the source is available, the hacker has access to the Inner Light.

However, it's possible to hack closed-source programs by reverse engineering as well, so it ain't San Quentin either.
Old 09-22-2006, 11:34 PM   #18
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to MikeReiner Send a message via MSN to MikeReiner Send a message via Yahoo to MikeReiner

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK31337
Firefox is stupid.

Think about it, how is it more secure if the source is open? LOL, give a determined hacker 1 day and he can hack it to pieces.

Then the "fixed" version comes out. Hacker downloads the new source-tree, cycle continues.

Your fanboy arguments don't hold at all.
Two scenarios for me:

One: I used IE for about 2 months, my computer runs like shit, spyware, viruses, etc you know the drill. I get pissed and format

Two: I used Firefox for about 2 months, my computer runs just as good as it did when I installed, no spyware or viruses, no need to format whatsoever.

Both of these scenarios are true, so tell me... why wouldn't someone become a fanboy about something? I fell in love with firefox when I found it..

but unlike those fanboys I can accept that fact: it just ain't perfect.

Because of those two scenarios, I am never using IE again. Maybe opera, but IE is out of the question for good.
MikeReiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 11:48 PM   #19
Fully Optimized

My opinion is that anything is better than IE6 because it's such a target for hackers. IE7 RC1 is great, I like that but I still like Opera. Firefox is alright, but I don't like how much memory it uses and the fact that it locks up now and then if I have a lot of tabs open, I do like thunderbird email client though. I use Opera for web browsing because, it's simple, fast and secure. I know Opera most likely has flaws but I still like it, it's my favorite browser that I've used so far (at least until I find something I like better). I would use IE if it weren't such a target for hackers which is the main thing holding me back from IE although I do like IE7 way better than IE6 and I've noticed a lot of improvements.
Old 09-23-2006, 06:26 PM   #20
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy272
My opinion is that anything is better than IE6 because it's such a target for hackers. IE7 RC1 is great, I like that but I still like Opera. Firefox is alright, but I don't like how much memory it uses and the fact that it locks up now and then if I have a lot of tabs open, I do like thunderbird email client though. I use Opera for web browsing because, it's simple, fast and secure. I know Opera most likely has flaws but I still like it, it's my favorite browser that I've used so far (at least until I find something I like better). I would use IE if it weren't such a target for hackers which is the main thing holding me back from IE although I do like IE7 way better than IE6 and I've noticed a lot of improvements.
Firefox used to lock up on my old computer too, but since I reformatted its been okay.

LA061 is offline   Reply With Quote