Metallica S&M

mammikoura

Golden Master
Damn it took a long time for me to realize how good that album is. To me Metallica is definitely the best band there is, but I mostly listened to the older albums, which are ofcourse amazing too.

But just recently I started to listen to S&M and it's great, I would have never known that a metal band playing with a symphony orchestra could sound good. They really did a good work combining the 2. It's definately the best live-cd that they have made.

So anyone else like it? And what do u think are the best songs?
To me the best ones are No Leaf Clover,(never been recorded before, awesome song) The memory remains (way better than the original one) and For whom the bell tolls. (about as good as the original = totally kicks ass)

It's still definately metal, but the symphony orchestra gives an extra kick to it.

Yes metalica are great. HAve you heard unforgiven?

Do you get the video for unforgiven? I can never understand it

yes I've heard it.

damn, my interpretation of the video went a little wrong :D

here is what the director said about the video:
"
A boy emerges. He has no parents, but many, too many seem to watch over him. He remains small although those around him become tall and prosper. The laws and limits seem to keep him small. He discovers an unknown place where he escapes his oppressive world. It is a windowless stone room with only a hole with no door that leads only back to this world he wants no part of. He comes here to be alone and to be himself, but he knows people will soon find him and his secret will be lost.

He must think. He begins to claw at the stone wall. Tireless and full of purpose as he breaks the stone bit by bit, he is growing older. He is chiseling a square shape from the wall. Just as the square is finished, he is now a very old man. With his last strength he pulls the square rock from the wall and lowers it onto his back. He struggles the short distance across the empty room to the hole that leads to his unwanted world. He sets the stone down within the hole and as he pushes it into place there appears a lock on the door. He reaches into his pocket, draws out a key and locks the door. He walks back to the hole left by the now chiseled door and sees now there is a window with just a simple, clean sky. He reaches out the window and, opening his hand, drops the key that locks out the world of the unforgiven. The old man returns to the center of the room and lays down to sleep forever. "

well that is what happens but it does explain some parts.

my favorite song by metallica is and always will be Enter Sandman...but The Unforgiven and The Unforgiven II are a close 2nd and third. I don't even have S&M, that might be something to look into.

mammikoura said:
yes I've heard it.

damn, my interpretation of the video went a little wrong :D

here is what the director said about the video:
"
A boy emerges. He has no parents, but many, too many seem to watch over him. He remains small although those around him become tall and prosper. The laws and limits seem to keep him small. He discovers an unknown place where he escapes his oppressive world. It is a windowless stone room with only a hole with no door that leads only back to this world he wants no part of. He comes here to be alone and to be himself, but he knows people will soon find him and his secret will be lost.

He must think. He begins to claw at the stone wall. Tireless and full of purpose as he breaks the stone bit by bit, he is growing older. He is chiseling a square shape from the wall. Just as the square is finished, he is now a very old man. With his last strength he pulls the square rock from the wall and lowers it onto his back. He struggles the short distance across the empty room to the hole that leads to his unwanted world. He sets the stone down within the hole and as he pushes it into place there appears a lock on the door. He reaches into his pocket, draws out a key and locks the door. He walks back to the hole left by the now chiseled door and sees now there is a window with just a simple, clean sky. He reaches out the window and, opening his hand, drops the key that locks out the world of the unforgiven. The old man returns to the center of the room and lays down to sleep forever. "

well that is what happens but it does explain some parts.

Thanks for that, it kinda makes sense when you put it together

Back
Top Bottom