Messy Desktops

So i've been hella busy lately,i just noticed how unorganized and messy my PC is;

f7174b54.png

My Folders are worse,the only organized section in my computer it my My Music folder. Even then half of my music is missing proper ID3 Tags and Album Art.

So i'm going to take care of this ASAP lol. What i want to know is,how long between you 'sort' your PC out or are you one to keep it nice and tidy? Any tips and tricks you can share?

I've got a similar issue. I re-format quite regularly though.... that reminds me. I'm re-installing windows today :p

I don't install crap (not saying that you do) and I don't show icons. If I were to show you'd only see about 10. Everything that I use is on the task bar. If there's anything else I need I just hit the windows button and start typing the program name.

I got one simple rule...

No folders, videos, music, photos, or other media on the desktop. So what ever folders/media you have there organise them into the correct folder within 'My Computer' then have a short cut to 'My Computers' where you can access them from the desktop. The only short cuts I have on my desktop are to applications/programs with the exception of 'My Computers' and other hard drives on my rig.

That should clear most of the space on your desktop.

Similar to this...

I don't store hardly anything on my OS disc, I have a 500GB RAID1 with tons of folders ie; documents (then I reset default windows document roots), audio, video, iso's, programs, drivers, games, etc. And within those respected folders, I have sub folders. So, under audio I'd have recordings, music, etc. Under video I'd have, chases, home, movies, etc.

What I'd recommend, is partitioning that first drive you have. Make it into two drives, that way you can reload your operating system and the rest of your files are stored on a different part of the drive. That's no solution for backing up, but it'll help keep you organized a bit.

I only have a few icons on my desktop of stuff that I use regularly. I just make it a point to not put stuff on my desktop.

i like mien clean and simple, but i always fall into the trap of quickly saving stuff to the desktop, half the time i just cant be bothered to find the specific folder and just end up saving to desktop :p

Back
Top Bottom