Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-19-2006, 12:53 PM   #2321
Golden Master
 
mammikoura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 7,459
Send a message via MSN to mammikoura
Default Re: The Member photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Distortion88
who hasn't heard of master of puppets?!? honestly!
there must be loads of people who haven't heard about it. Not everyone listens to metal u know...
__________________

mammikoura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 12:56 PM   #2322
Fully Optimized
 
Š88's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 4,775
Send a message via MSN to Š88
Default Re: The Member photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammikoura
there must be loads of people who haven't heard about it. Not everyone listens to metal u know...
but it is the greatest Metallica song ever! One does not have to listen to metal to have heard of the song. Hell the song is played in the movie 'Old School'...now who hasn't seen that?!? lol
__________________

__________________
Killing under the cloak of war is no different than murder

Kein Alkohol ist auch keine Lösung!
Š88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 03:24 PM   #2323
Golden Master
 
Brookfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 10,056
Default Re: The Member photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raffaz
Some people wont have even heard of master of puppets lol, u seen them live before then?
I have a 16 year old relative who's seen them, he told me that the record [CD]sold half a million on release, & how Carl Burton was killed in an accident, not long afer the release, apparently their style is thrash metal?
Brookfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 03:28 PM   #2324
Golden Master
 
mammikoura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 7,459
Send a message via MSN to mammikoura
Default Re: The Member photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Distortion88
but it is the greatest Metallica song ever! One does not have to listen to metal to have heard of the song.
I'd say one of the greatest Metallica songs! Can't really say which is the greatest, there are so many awesome ones! But honestly, u tell me like the three greatest country songs ever and I bet all my money that I haven't heard of all of them. And if u name some popular rap/hip-hop/pop/other crap songs I probably haven't heard about all of them either. It's just because I don't listen to that kind of music.
mammikoura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 03:30 PM   #2325
Golden Master
 
mammikoura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 7,459
Send a message via MSN to mammikoura
Default Re: The Member photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookfield
how Carl Burton was killed in an accident, not long afer the release,
Cliff Burton?

And I'd say their style is heavy/thrash metal or just metal. I suck with the different genres, there is too many of them! Lets just say their music is the best.
mammikoura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 03:49 PM   #2326
Golden Master
 
Brookfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 10,056
Default Re: The Member photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammikoura
Cliff Burton?
Yep, I checked it with Wikipedia, it has "Cliff Burton [bass]" it says he was killed in a bus accident, while on the Damage Inc tour, the instrumental number Orion was played at his funeral, not many have heard tht tune, as they have rarely played it since, was that a help?, no-one can say I don't try, huh?
Brookfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 03:56 PM   #2327
Fully Optimized
 
Š88's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 4,775
Send a message via MSN to Š88
Default Re: The Member photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookfield
Yep, I checked it with Wikipedia, it has "Cliff Burton [bass]" it says he was killed in a bus accident, while on the Damage Inc tour, the instrumental number Orion was played at his funeral, not many have heard tht tune, as they have rarely played it since, was that a help?, no-one can say I don't try, huh?
yeah that is correct, but it's long before my time. All that had happened before i was even born. Well....i guess it was only a year before i was born but still i didnt get into the metal scene till long after.
__________________
Killing under the cloak of war is no different than murder

Kein Alkohol ist auch keine Lösung!
Š88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 03:58 PM   #2328
Golden Master
 
mammikoura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 7,459
Send a message via MSN to mammikoura
Default Re: The Member photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookfield
was that a help?
lol, u don't need to help me about Metallica stuff. I just said "cliff burton?" because u said carl burton and I assumed that u got the name mixed up.
mammikoura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 04:09 PM   #2329
Fully Optimized
 
Slayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 3,111
Send a message via AIM to Slayer Send a message via MSN to Slayer Send a message via Yahoo to Slayer
Default Re: The Member photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookfield
the instrumental number Orion was played at his funeral, not many have heard tht tune, as they have rarely played it since, was that a help?, no-one can say I don't try, huh?
That would be correct, however they did play Orion at all the summer Festivals they played (including Download Festival), because they played the whole Master of Puppets album from start to finish. To say it was a tear-jerking experience of both excellence and sentimental value would be an understatement.

Not saying you're wrong or anything, just throwing that little bit in.
Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 04:16 PM   #2330
Fully Optimized
 
Š88's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 4,775
Send a message via MSN to Š88
Default Re: The Member photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayer
That would be correct, however they did play Orion at all the summer Festivals they played (including Download Festival), because they played the whole Master of Puppets album from start to finish. To say it was a tear-jerking experience of both excellence and sentimental value would be an understatement.
that must have been epic!
__________________

__________________
Killing under the cloak of war is no different than murder

Kein Alkohol ist auch keine Lösung!
Š88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0