Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 08-23-2005, 01:20 PM   #1021
Golden Master

Default Re: The all new Member photos...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Computergen
Your last site?
My last site was Techspot, I was a member there for over eigteen months, then they got very dictatorial over very petty things, once I accidentally entered a whole post in "bold", they told me not to do that again, or they would take action, what with that, & their stuffy, pompous attitude, I left, but not before I told the what they could do with their site.
Is that what you wanted to know???

Brookfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 01:27 PM   #1022
BSOD

Send a message via ICQ to MarxSoccer Send a message via AIM to MarxSoccer Send a message via MSN to MarxSoccer Send a message via Yahoo to MarxSoccer

So it really wasn't YOUR site

MarxSoccer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 02:53 PM   #1023
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarxSoccer
So it really wasn't YOUR site
You're having a joke Marx,right? my site?, is that what you thought?, "hehe" as you would say, I was a member, it wasn't until I came to CF, that I was made a Mod, within a few weeks too, surprised me!, that put some noses out of joint, but now we all get on OK, keeping the bad lads under control [present company excepted!]
You've given me a laugh, thanks for that!

Maurice
Old 08-23-2005, 05:44 PM   #1024
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to Mental Liberator

Maurice, I'm not saying this to be mean, but I don't understand why David chose you over members that have been here for over 2 years and stuff... did you know David before you came to this forum?
Old 08-24-2005, 02:22 AM   #1025
Fully Optimized

Within a few weeks and already a mod ? Sweet ...
Lol, when you first came here, you probably showed quite alot of responsibility and order
dyserq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 03:28 AM   #1026
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyserq
Within a few weeks and already a mod ? Sweet ...
Lol, when you first came here, you probably showed quite alot of responsibility and order
Thanks, yes, in all modesty, I suppose I must have done, I was still very suprised & pleased one day when I came online to find the word "Moderator" had appeared!, I had progressed from Newbie to Junior Member first though
Can I just say that I like the way that you communicate, using "proper" English, these shortened words & phrases baffle me sometimes, it had to be explained to me what "lol" meant, I had thought it meant Lots of luck!!, large age gap I expect, I'm in my 70's.

Maurice
Old 08-24-2005, 03:47 AM   #1027
Golden Master

PM?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mental Liberator
Maurice, I'm not saying this to be mean, but I don't understand why David chose you over members that have been here for over 2 years and stuff... did you know David before you came to this forum?
No, M.L.,I didn't know him before I joined CF.

Maurice
Old 08-24-2005, 04:24 AM   #1028
Fully Optimized

Hmm ... chat speak ... yea i use the basic ones but i absolutely detest and loathe the people who go 'hi wat r u doin ?' ... i mean they have brains so i would suggest to them that they use it and show it with proper words ... i don't mind the basics such as lol and rofl and all that
dyserq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 08:41 AM   #1029
Golden Master

Thumbs up Re: The all new Member photos...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyserq
Hmm ... chat speak ... yea i use the basic ones but i absolutely detest and loathe the people who go 'hi wat r u doin ?' ... i mean they have brains so i would suggest to them that they use it and show it with proper words ... i don't mind the basics such as lol and rofl and all that
Yes, I don't mind some, lol I know now, what's rofl? any more you could teach me?, as to the other gibberish, that's text speak isn't it?, I don't know where you live, abroad from England I'm guessing, here we have kids as young as 7 or 8 with mobile phones, I suppose they're the easiest presents to buy, & they scream & stamp their feet, We couldn't have children, if we could have, they wouldn't have blackmailed us, into having them! I think it's something like 20% of all kids under 15 have them, ridiculous!, what's it like where you live?

Nice chatting, perhaps we could e-mail, if you would like,save clogging up this thread.

Maurice.
Old 08-24-2005, 10:16 AM   #1030
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to mammikoura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maurice
I think it's something like 20% of all kids under 15 have them, ridiculous!, what's it like where you live?

Maurice.
Id say that in here maybe about 40% of all kids under 15 have a mobile phone. And I'm not joking, the % is just a gues but it's prolly something like that.

mammikoura is offline   Reply With Quote