Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 01-05-2011, 11:22 AM   #1
Golden Master

Send a message via Yahoo to Tommy Boy
Default Mega Millions

I'm sure everyone heard about the huge jackpot in the Mega Millions lottery last night of $355 Million, the 4th largest jackpot in history. Well there were 2 winning tickets, one in Idaho and one in Washington. Each winner will get around $175 Million (before taxes of course), that is according to msn but who knows what the official amounts will be.

But, holy...that's a lot of money. What would you guys do if you ever won the lottery like that? I'd build a house, buy some cars I've always wanted and give a lot to my family and maybe some friends (If you're a good enough friend....LOL)

I still have the same old HP DV9700T laptop I've had for years...still kickin'
Tommy Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 11:23 AM   #2
Site Team

Send a message via AIM to celegorm
Default Re: Mega Millions

After taxes, that would just about pay for my college... The change should feed me for a week ^_^

Team Thelegorm! Total Kills: 21 (i iz in uor profile, editsing your sigz)
celegorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 12:21 PM   #3
Golden Master

make the most crazy hex screen Eyefinity set up using a 580 for Physics

Pay off my truck, buy a house in cash, pay off college loans, Buy everyone in my family a new car in cash and any loans they may have.

And put the rest in the bank, and live off the interest for the rest of my life.

And yes, i would continue to work my day job to.
Old 01-05-2011, 03:11 PM   #4
Daemon Poster

Send a message via AIM to VINMAN46

spend some save some
VINMAN46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 04:40 PM   #5
In Runtime

Pay off my parents debt, pay off my sister's Uni debt.

Buy my parents a new house and car, my sister a new house and car, and when my little sister is old enough, same for her, as well as paying for her driving lessons.

Give a couple million to my parents and sisters (my little sister when she is older)

Give about a third of it to charity.

Buy a house for myself and my girlfriend, buy a used truck and modify it for off-roading. I've always wanted to, but never had the money to.

I would get myself a very awesome computer, always upgraded.

Put the rest in the bank and live off interest

I would never want a large house or to live a lavish lifestyle, just to be comfortable and not have to worry about money or have my family worry about it either.
Primary::: Asus M4A79XTD EVO | AMD Phenom II x3 720BE @ 3.4GHz | 2 x 2GB Corsair 1600MHz | XFX HD5770 + eVGA GTX260 Physx | 500GB Samsung F3 + 520GB Storage | Corsair Obsidian 700D | Win 7 Ultimate x64
Secondary::: Asus P5N32-E SLI Plus | Intel Q6600 | 2 x 1GB Corsair 800MHz | Gigabyte 9800GT | 180GB Caviar Blue + 250GB Storage | Win 7 Ultimate x64
Aastii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 05:10 PM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Boy View Post
I'm sure everyone heard about the huge jackpot in the Mega Millions lottery last night of $355 Million, the 4th largest jackpot in history. Well there were 2 winning tickets, one in Idaho and one in Washington. Each winner will get around $175 Million (before taxes of course), that is according to msn but who knows what the official amounts will be.

But, holy...that's a lot of money. What would you guys do if you ever won the lottery like that? I'd build a house, buy some cars I've always wanted and give a lot to my family and maybe some friends (If you're a good enough friend....LOL)

Hmm, so do you have to pay tax on lotto winnings? In the UK they are tax free as well as other state run lotterys such as premium bonds.
Old 01-05-2011, 05:15 PM   #7
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Yeah, you have to in the US. It sucks, but I don't really mind paying taxes if they are actually being put into good use.

I would probably try to increase the money. Like buy multiple houses/apartments, and rent them out.
Desktop -Cooler Master NV690/AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE/MSI 880G-E45 Motherboard/2 x 2GB DDR3 G.Skill Ripjaws X/Sapphire HD 5870 1GB GDDR5/CORSAIR CMPSU-550VX/Seagate 7200.12 500GB (OS), Samsung F3 1TB (Storage)/Sony DVD Burner/Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Teny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 05:17 PM   #8
Fully Optimized

I'd buy a house for my wife, my son and I. Pay off my mom's house. Buy new cars for my mom, my two sisters, my wife's dad and her brother. No new car for my wife's sister, her and her punk ass husband are a couple of little bitches that somehow think they are better than us when there really is no evidence to support that theory. Oh yeah, I'd totally build a ridiculous gaming rig (actually 4 or 5 identical rigs for some LAN gaming action), some big screen tvs, a new truck, and an old '72 or '73 Monte Carlo that I'd have fully restored and customized with Cragars and hydraulics.
Old 01-05-2011, 07:51 PM   #9
Daemon Poster

I don't understand, no, wait I do understand why its taxed in some places. but sucks your taxed again when you spend it as well.
not taxed in Canada. $50 million was just won in Toronto.

As for me, buy every fad that comes out till I'm broke.
detox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 07:55 PM   #10
Fully Optimized

I just talked about this with my mom and sister earlier. Pay off all of my families debt, buy everyone a car and house. Pay for the education of my family. Buy everyone here the best parts I can find. Donate about $25-$50 million to various charities and give the rest to churches.

2.13Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo-2GB DDR2 800 Mhz-500GB Western Digital Caviar Blue- Nvidia 9400M
rohan23 is offline   Reply With Quote