Me Dropping Out of College: Update

Lac3y

Daemon Poster
Well, over the weekend I posted a thread saying I was sick of college and was dropping out. I actaully couldn't believe how many people said I shouldn't do it and that I'd regret it. I really didn't see the harm, I was actually looking forward to dropping out.

Well, Monday came, I went to the office, I said I wanted to drop out and I made an appointment to see my mentor.

I went to the appointment and realised I was making a big mistake. I'd been there almost a year, I was so close, if I dropped out it would be a total waste of time. Get a job? Get Real! I'm getting £30 a week for going to College. I love the place, all my friends are here, I love going to the pub at lunchtime, I love everything!

So, my mentor went around my teachers asking for extensions, and I got one for Classics (I'll have to wait until Tomorrow to find out whether I'm allowed one for my other subjects). A 2000 word essay is due in Thursday morning, I've been doing it since 7pm (it's now 2:15 in the morning) and I've done 1,275 words, and I'm still going. I'm certain I'll get it done!

Anyway, I guess this thread is just to say to everyone who said I should stay: You were right, and thanks :D

And hey, if I don't get extensions for my other subjects (although I'm sure I will) at least I'll have one qualification.

As a fellow college student, i am happy to hear that you are continuing your education. I know how hard things get and frustrating college can be and I have even contemplated or questioned my existence in college from time to time. Good job and continue to work hard. It's only a short time in your life and it will pay off so much in the end.

Back
Top Bottom